• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN Released - Homebrew on "ALL" PSPs!

Cryox

Bro.
The article title is a bit misleading, as no homebrew can be run on the psp yet.

WildArmsV

Someone knows if testing different homebrews just to see if they work or by experimenting using chickhen gives any chances of breacking the psp? or is sure to experiment running homebrews?

PS: i know this hen rlease doesnt work now, just wondering

happy_mak

Game & Gadgets
Worked on a Japanese PSP of mine. Had to set the Character set to US Latin and Display language to English.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://blog.livedoor.jp/gai_jin/archives/51632204.html">[blog.livedoor.jp]</a>

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
Ashame that it doesn't fully work yet, but still congrats on getting it this far.
quick question though, is one of the bugs needed to be fixed the bug where when you do a full shut down the HEN goes away? Or is that supposed to happen?

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
For people who can't even get the ChickHen on there, if you replace the Gif images with jpegs, and order it so that the TIFF image is number six out of 8, it will work a lot better with fewer crashes.
Hope that helps anyone with that issue.

Seth

MD Party Room
Great job guys. I love that there is now a little more life in the psp world thanks to you.

cattxh

FrozenIpaq said:
Sadly that is all that it does right now. It was not fully tested after a bug was fixed and therefore loads but doesn't load homebrew (so you can load into the HEN environment but not homebrew right now)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh,bad news for many.
I'm wondering how can Davee's PSP3000 run Homebrew while others' can not.

raing3

Oh,bad news for many.
I'm wondering how can Davee's PSP3000 run Homebrew while others' can not.

The most likely answer to that question is because while Davee was trying to fix the kernel mode bug (or possibly another bug) he accidentally created the bug which makes homebrew fail to load. The only reason Davee could run homebrew is because the revision of HEN shown in the videos would be different than the final release and would not have that bug.

raing3

SO it's just a mistake Davee made??(release a wrong version?)

Not exactly that would have been the newest version but it wasn't properly tested before he released it. He spent so much time making sure he got out all the little bugs and added in one big bug which is kinda funny.

huchengtw

Help!! It is pretty hard to get in chick Hen mode. Is there any standard procedure to do so?? I had tried more than 20 times. It still fails to get in. In the past, I only saw "Hello World" once in my PSP 3000. But I can't get in now.