• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN Released - Homebrew on "ALL" PSPs!

I have PSP3006 with 5.02 OFW, after I install the HEN and try to launch it. I get a RED screen and just freeze. I think it because of the version. I will not upgrade yet to 5.03 until it can run homebrew.. :) by the way.. good start Davee..

You can also check the error log in the root directory of your MS. (hen_error.txt)

imported_khan

I have PSP3006 with 5.02 OFW, after I install the HEN and try to launch it. I get a RED screen and just freeze. I think it because of the version. I will not upgrade yet to 5.03 until it can run homebrew.. :) by the way.. good start Davee..

You can also check the error log in the root directory of your MS. (hen_error.txt)

This is exactly what happens on my PSP 3003 PB, with ofw 5.02.

Adiuvo

Are you placing the ChickHEN folder from the PHAT folder into your PHOTO directory?

Also make sure h.bin is in the root of your memory stick.

PapaV

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
it run all HB :) for me psp3004

Dunno where you got that from, but it stopped freezing when I try the HB I put on the PSP (3001). They still wont work for some reason, but that maybe the programs I put in...

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM EST ----------

For those that still struggle to make the hen load, here is what I did. It works 100% of the time for me, provided I do a hard Reboot before (off for 15 sec). A psp reset might be in order before you try it out.

I had ten jpgs in my photo folder and another folder with 9 jpgs in it, named "games". To make the hen work, I had to put it in it's on folder, "ChickHen" and remove all the dummy pictures that comes with it. Now every time I open the Photo folder in XMB, the Hen kicks in, everytime.

Elac

yes that version jeerum
posted works great,
All my emulators run :)

Thanks Davee for all your hard work in creating this. Much appreciated. :)

Just played some "Earth Worm Jim" with picodrive 1.51 on my 3000 :)

vibraloop

Hi there! after trying to get this working for the last 28hrs, im about to give up.

my psp is a 3004
with firmware 5.03,

ive put the chickhen folder into the root/psp/photo folder and h.bin on root. going into suspend, getting out of suspend and go to pictures and open the chickhen folder and after that dont tuch anything.

what happens now is that my machine starts to load the pictures than freezes, after that it shuts down. when i start up again and check the sys it says still only 5.03. now, ive done this over and over so many times that i could be buttraped by a pink elephant in the midle of the winter while sleeping and still beeing able to do it all over again correctly (tryed to install probly 2-300 times). so what am i suposed to do now? my psp dont wanna work with it. help please?
see my vid about it:
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWF6x5SRAso">[www.youtube.com]</a>

really dunno what more to do.

greets, vibra

Asher

I just got my hands on my psp 3000 and just learned bit of knowledge about the HEN. just want to ask since i have a 4.20 firmware, do i need to upgrade to 5.03??? If so, where can i download the 5.03 update? Thanks in advance!!!

saberxp

hi, for runnig hen always :
1- go to : GAME->MEMORY STICK-> O (exit)
2- got to : SETTING->USB CONNECT -> O
3- go to : PHOTO -> MEMORY STICK
and your are sure to run HEN mode :)

warockkk

can u make a chickhen for 5.50 firmware? please i nid it :( just email me if u already have one
deserteagle_19@yahoo.com

cloud1813

the flash of green didn't work on my psp? what culd be the problem... i got the methods riyt. i have the chickhen pics. and the TIFF? i can do it last tym but now it's not working what culd be the problem>>?? plss help me...