• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Clip: PSPgo Fully Hacked, Running HEN

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
<object width="530" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lVCV1LGHiA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lVCV1LGHiA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="530" height="344"></embed></object>

Neon of Team Typoon, the same team responsible for bringing homebrew to the masses on PSP-3000 has released a brief video that demonstrates the possibilities of HEN (short for Homebrew Enabler) on a PSPgo unit in a custom firmware esque environment.

Genesis emulator PicoDrive is shown running Sonic through the go's savestate-like Resume Game feature, which can continue play sessions even after a full shutdown. While there are no immediate plans to release this Kernel-level exploit to the public, we're told that more footage in better quality is coming soon.

`Rage`

<p>Hm... I *WILL* buy a PSPgo if this ever gets released, or someone provides the equivalent.</p>
<p>Meanwhile, I'll just sit back and enjoy my older style PSP.</p>

XsavioR

<p>Not to be a negative Nancy Im just curious why even cover it with the fact its "never ever going to be released"?</p>
<p>Why not. All this did was make me curious what sony is doing that this seems to be a growing trend.....</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well, it's still news, and a breakthrough. Maybe someone else will step up to the plate and release their own version of the hack. Not releasing it is their decision and somewhat understandable considering the circumstances. Davee received a lot of flack for not wanting to included an ISO loader in HEN for the PSP-3000.

january39

eXo Staff
If this did get released i may consider a PSPgo but until then....

Impressive work though none the less :0

Simon19

Yeah this lloks pretty sweet and if it WAS released I would buy a PSP Go. An ISO Loader in the FW would be key for the people who cant play their UMD's on their new PSP. But im staying with my 2 1000's for the time being

Hellcat

Contributor
Dude, did you check the date of that post???

To fill your one year gap of info: it's never being released. No seriously, never.

Alex

Dude, did you check the date of that post???

To fill your one year gap of info: it's never being released. No seriously, never.

Whats being done with the hack? Surely the dev's are using it to find a good enough kernal exploit to release? OR is it just dust now?