• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Clip: PSPgo Fully Hacked, Running HEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might consider buy a go.

my homebrew needs a hardware upgrade.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
[NOTE]Because there is a lot of people who own a large amount of UMD games wanting to upgrade to the Go, I propose an app that does the following:
1. Rips a UMD.
2. Encodes it to a new format that is tied to a specific PSP Go serial code.
3. Using a new app through the 6.10 HEN, it loads this, only if it fits the destination code.
4. If possible (see note, I am NOT a coder), if the HEN tries to deal with a file ending in .iso or .cso, it flashes a file so that the HEN can no longer boot.

Why will this be effective?
1. It will allow people who want to upgrade to the PSP Go to do so and be able to keep their games AND homebrew.
2. It will stop the spread of illegal .iso copies, for a while at least.

What are the faults with this?
1. A person can easily distribute copies to his friends on-demand. It's possible that the use of this software could result in becoming a for-profit business in some areas, as Pandora and CFWs have been before.

I'd just like to know, from a dev, if the above is a plausible idea

No. I'm no pro dev but I've done enough patching to know that the anti-scene would, guaranteed, come up with some sort of master serial then create some plugin to the serial (Similarly to how I patched the power level to return said value) to the master serial, making all ISO's work.

Davee

lolhax
Well, i'm fine if they don't release it (it's not that i don't want it thought). Without the video, at least i know that people are working on it, capable, and that is possible to have Hen (and possible a Custom HenF-ware) someday. The only thing sad about it it's the "lex talionis" attitude toward the community by Davee's part.

But well, even Davee can be childish sometimes.

I didn't really deserve the way I got treated tbh.

Granted there is those people who legitimately use homebrew and those who use ISO loaders for it's intended purpose (cause we all know UMD does suck) and I apologise to those who are caught in this, you guys do deserve it. However, I don't know if it's just these people don't voice as much as others but the rampant piracy on the system is just rediculous. Most of the emails/pm's I got for ChickHEN were related to running backed up games, or even vulgar insults due to the software not being upto their "standards". I still get emails asking for ChickHEN R3 in hope that it'll magically support greater than 5.03 FW, it's silly.

It's this kind of treatment that if software I make for YOU GUYS needs to be upto your standards or I get flamed? Thats pretty fucked up I reckon and I don't believe this is me being selfish, I say it's you guys being greedy.

NOTE: If you're a guy that hasn't done any wrong, I do apologise. You've only got the other half of your scene to blame.

MaTiAz

Contributor
w00t, posting in an epic thread!

Davee: Well done, you rock. And you're doing the right thing by not releasing it.

It's funny how most devs that have posted in this thread indeed do agree with KezraPlanes and others. Calling the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE won't help.

There was a chance you guys could've had this, but you blew it. Davee has the right to be butthurt over this.

DarknessMonk

I didn't really deserve the way I got treated tbh.

Granted there is those people who legitimately use homebrew and those who use ISO loaders for it's intended purpose (cause we all know UMD does suck) and I apologise to those who are caught in this, you guys do deserve it. However, I don't know if it's just these people don't voice as much as others but the rampant piracy on the system is just rediculous. Most of the emails/pm's I got for ChickHEN were related to running backed up games, or even vulgar insults due to the software not being upto their "standards". I still get emails asking for ChickHEN R3 in hope that it'll magically support greater than 5.03 FW, it's silly.

It's this kind of treatment that if software I make for YOU GUYS needs to be upto your standards or I get flamed? Thats pretty fucked up I reckon and I don't believe this is me being selfish, I say it's you guys being greedy.

NOTE: If you're a guy that hasn't done any wrong, I do apologise. You've only got the other half of your scene to blame.

That's true, you really deserved a better treatment. It was just sad seeing all the mad flamebashing because of your anti-piracy instance. And I heartly agree when you said that the users were way too greedy about the HEN and Cfw issue. You had a great attitude and i know (well, not really) that sucks have to suffer the effects of the greddiness.

I can't blame some of them: they were used to have ISO-loaders in previous PSP's, so they just wanted the same func. on newer PSP's. Mostly don't have a single drop of maturity to just wait for someone else to make one (since you clearly said that you wouldn't do it) or to get satisfied with they had (well, it was way better than nothing).

I do think that all that useless bragging just take away the fun needed to keep the scene active, and now, sadly, we have a scene of great developers moving away from users (independent of whatever is the fault). On other worlds: not-a-community (or at least, not the community that should be).

Note: Keep your appologies to someone that deserves it. Don't take lightly on me, i think that i'm on the "blame side" of the scene. Yes, I do pirated some ISOs and i do have mixed feelings and oppinions about Sony and Piracy, that i'll not develop here. The only thing different it's just i can't feel confortable coming here and brag about others free and hard work just because i wanted something else (and they aren't giving me).

Note 2: Great work! ;)

Dk.

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
Oh wow this is great, freakin hilarious that everyone's flipping out like this XD
I can tell the next few weeks are gonna be very entertaining :)

FreePlay

eLoader (when run from a gamesploit) sucks....

Reason: you're bound to the games context and can't use like 75% of the remaining syscalls, thats why those eLoadres are always so tough on compatibility with HBs and oh so many stuff just doesn't (and can't) run.

So, IMHO there's no need to develop that eLoader.
With "NID resolver" he means resolving the functions in homebrew to the ones that are in the game, it doesn't expand the functions.

fffffffffffffffffffffalse.

also:

this sounds really familiar.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
fffffffffffffffffffffalse.

also:

this sounds really familiar.

You're around today? :p

Thanks for sticking up to us on youtube. But they were too much of idiots.

FreePlay

hehe :)

Someone pointed out that Bubbletune had said something wrong, and I, being the Arbiter of the Intertrons, had to come correct it.

What's wrong? Well, primarily the idea that a game exploit is limited to the functions used in the game. Initially, yes, that's true. But you can expand that set pretty easily, by writing code that resolves the syscalls for all the NIDs exported by all the loaded modules.

And I did that, expanding my function base from around 190 to around 680.

If I can get a decrypted 6.10 dump from the Go, I can do that on the Go, too...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
hehe :)

Someone pointed out that Bubbletune had said something wrong, and I, being the Arbiter of the Intertrons, had to come correct it.

What's wrong? Well, primarily the idea that a game exploit is limited to the functions used in the game. Initially, yes, that's true. But you can expand that set pretty easily, by writing code that resolves the syscalls for all the NIDs exported by all the loaded modules.

And I did that, expanding my function base from around 190 to around 680.

If I can get a decrypted 6.10 dump from the Go, I can do that on the Go, too...

I see where you are going. Bubbletune is almost always right, and I also thought the eLoader was limited just like him. But I see you've found a way around that...

Another note: could you make it so that eLoader has no was of loading any type of kexploit? Because if it does load one, it's halfway for all those little trolls to have their ISOs. See where I'm going? Reminds me on the GTA Downgrader. That one also started as an eLoader xD

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
As a way of supporting, I am getting rid of anything hack related on my 3000, and updating the OFW.
Thanks for the fun you brought me with ChickHen Team Typhoon, I hope you enjoy your own Hen as much as we did :)

FreePlay

I see where you are going. Bubbletune is almost always right, and I also thought the eLoader was limited just like him. But I see you've found a way around that...

Another note: could you make it so that eLoader has no was of loading any type of kexploit? Because if it does load one, it's halfway for all those little trolls to have their ISOs. See where I'm going? Reminds me on the GTA Downgrader. That one also started as an eLoader xD
heh.

Well, it's probably not possible to block out any type of kexploit :p Specific ones, sure, but that'd mean I'd have to know what this one was, and then someone clever would reverse-engineer my blocking code to figure it out.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
heh.

Well, it's probably not possible to block out any type of kexploit :p Specific ones, sure, but that'd mean I'd have to know what this one was, and then someone clever would reverse-engineer my blocking code to figure it out.

I thought so.

Typhoon's is secure for sure. But I dunno if Team GEN have one.

So you're really aiming for a release?

animebuster

Freeplay: would it be possible for Team Typhoon to create a PSAR dumper for the psp Gos firmware with their hack and give it to you

We still wouldn't be using there hack since freeplays is differen so i don't see why not unless it would take to long for them to create it?

Hellcat

Contributor
They could dump and decrypt the GO's FW while running the dumper on the GO using their HEN, I'd guess

FreePlay

I think the only way to unpack a PSAR for the Go is on a Go, actually, since PSAR Dumper uses KIRK functions to decrypt the PSAR...

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
we have a scene of great developers

Correction: Had a scene of great developers years ago.

I'm interested to see what this eLoader is all about. The initial eLoaders were before my time, but I do know what they do, just never been honored to use one :).

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Sorry to disappoint you, but eLoader is currently unable to fellate you on command. That's still in the works.

Note that I said "See what it's all about", as in read up on it.

I'd love for it to fellate me on command though. Can you release that new feature anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.