• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

CXMB v3.3, HostCore v1.2 for 5.00 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
snap003dv9.png

Update: In addition to CXMB v3.3, Poison has rolled out a 5.00 M33 compatible build of HostCore. The plugin creates a virtual bridge between a PC and PSP, allowing users to access media content located on their PC from the PSP.

Homebrew developer Poison has released an update to CXMB, a custom firmware plugin that allows users to load CTF format XMB themes from the memory stick rather than by copying files to the PSP's flash memory. No significant changes were made in this release, aside from the obvious inclusion of compatibility with 5.00 M33 series firmware.

The author notes that themes built for previous system software revisions will need to be updated for the new firmware.

Download CXMB v3.3 / HostCore v1.2

CXMB 3.3 with 5.00 support [2Alien]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Cheers, updated the news post with the new HostCore release :)

EeveeXIII

Hello to anyone who can possibly help me out, I've tried hostcore before with no luck...but I didn't know alot about it before now..and i'm not saying I know alot about it currently...I've read the readme over and over...and for some reason, it's just not turning on that light bulb above my head...so the farthest I got right now is it's installed on my PsP, I enabled it...now the other thing about the program and directories on my pc....thats where i'm lost..can anybody help? I would greatly appreciate it

Edit: Okay, I finally almost got it to work 100%...I can play music and vids...but as far as Iso's and Cso's go...it won't let me do anything..still looking for helpful advice

Edit...again:...ps I have it hooked on the usbhost...if it helps any

silver_surfer

-=UPDATE=-

HostCore 1.2.1 with WPA bugfix

DrkIIRaziel posted a patch for the WPA bug at May 20, 2008 in Hostcore google project. I just saw that this night with sunjon's reminder, OK, it's all my bad...
and yea, I got no psp in hand so it has not been tested, I would be glad if somebody can tell if the binary work.

1.2.1:
- fix bug#0011(Can't connect to nethost with WPA protected network setting)

Downloads:
HostCore 1.2.1

Source

^eRrOR^

<p>what is hostcore for ? and does it need wifi to use im out on it due to my wifi card being out.</p>

its for connecting your psp to your pc, there are 2 versions, a USB version and a WiFi version, the WiFi does need WiFi but the USB version just needs a USB to PSP cable

msdrocks

<p>plz help...
im running on psp cfw 5.03m33....i tried to enble the cxmb through the cfwenbler plugins menu...but it wnt show "cxmb.prx" instead it shows just [VSH]....can anyone help???</p>
<p>i enabled hostcore though...
waiting.............</p>