• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX releases 3.40 OE-A and 3.30 OE-A2

dma52691

Downgrading

:sad: if Dark Alex reads this it would be nice when you make a downgrader for 3.30 so i can upgrade to Custom Firmware. I would really appreciate it:biggrin:

Blaq

What people dont seem to understand is that he cant just write a downgrader, sony doesn't want you to downgrade and the only way to do it is to hack into the system.
He would have a downgrader out in a few days I'm sure if it was a matter of writing it only what he is doing is like tryn to make a toaster microwave things. Sony wrote the firmware to keep you from downgrading so the downgrader has to break thru their programing like when you had to use the GTA xploit. Find him the xploit and I'm sure he'll set you up fast.

Did I make any sence at all?

drmaniam

UMD Movies

New to the forum ... this is a dumb question. Can the firmware 3.40 OE -A play UMD movies from different region. My psp is region 3 or something but I got a UMD movie for region 1. I can play it. Is there a software or something that will let my region 3 psp play a region 1 umd.

I tried some of the option under the recovery menu and I does not help also. Much appreciated if some one can help out on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

r4yoflight

a bit disappointed..

Looks like DA has been ignoring the fact that makes his custom firmwares no 1 for psp... its the famous "no umd mode" plus no need into some loader, the no umd mode hasnt gotten any better since 3.XX OE or even worse compared to 2.71 se-c, im hoping to see some action for this no umd mode.. soon maybe,or maybe never at all..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
New to the forum ... this is a dumb question. Can the firmware 3.40 OE -A play UMD movies from different region. My psp is region 3 or something but I got a UMD movie for region 1. I can play it. Is there a software or something that will let my region 3 psp play a region 1 umd.

I tried some of the option under the recovery menu and I does not help also. Much appreciated if some one can help out on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

no, the region setting option does not affect UMD movies.

you can try UMD Emulator, grab it from this thread:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=911

however it has a low compatibility rate so your movie may not work, but it's worth a try.

blackwing

FF7 problems

I encountered a problem on 3.30 and 3.40 OE's Popstation. If you're playing Final Fantasy 7, and if you encounter a Gagighandi (the dragon like creature) or Touch Me (frog like creature), and they perform certain types of attacks on your characters, the screen becomes garbled and the system becomes unplayable. You need to restart FF7.

scott.inan

can i install this and how?!?!

I have ta-082 with official 3.30 rom. i know dark_alex has the ta-082 downgrader but I need FW 2.71 how can I get to that? also he says I need "HEN" what is that? sorry I'm new to this and i'm getting too much conflicting information from different websites. thx:confused1:

Tenshigami

I encountered a problem on 3.30 and 3.40 OE's Popstation. If you're playing Final Fantasy 7, and if you encounter a Gagighandi (the dragon like creature) or Touch Me (frog like creature), and they perform certain types of attacks on your characters, the screen becomes garbled and the system becomes unplayable. You need to restart FF7.

Ah, a POPS issue, eh?

Do you know whether previous versions of pops have this problem?

popsloader is a plugin that will let you load a different version of pops on your current OE firmware. While Dark_AleX has stated that popsloader does not work on 3.30 OE-A or 3.40 OE-A, I have had no problems with popsloader in either firmware.

also, you may want to check out this thread:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=889

People who read that thread would be more likely to know how to solve your problem. The thread's entire purpose is to determine what PS1 games are compatible, and if they aren't, where the emulator messes up. Of equal importance is any information someone can give to provide a fix for any issues.

Snake

Sorry dark_alex,but i have a firmware version 3,30 you can do a downgrade for this version?I want use a your faboluse cf ^_^

zero123

please help DARK ALEX!!!

ok i have a problem with my recovery mode in my custom firmware 3.40 oe-a for some reason i try to go to configuration and the screen stays pink with no options ( like it used to ) and the psp freezes and shuts off. i recovered back to 1.50 and reinstall 3.40 oe-a and the option under recovery mode-configuration still freezes and psp shuts down. i can still go back to 1.50 as i please but i really want the custom firmware with the recovery mode to work properly PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok i have a problem with my recovery mode in my custom firmware 3.40 oe-a for some reason i try to go to configuration and the screen stays pink with no options ( like it used to ) and the psp freezes and shuts off. i recovered back to 1.50 and reinstall 3.40 oe-a and the option under recovery mode-configuration still freezes and psp shuts down. i can still go back to 1.50 as i please but i really want the custom firmware with the recovery mode to work properly PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

that's odd that the screen turns pink.

have you tried restore default settings?

Memeow

Soooooo has anyone tried playing suikoden 2 on it yet? :w00t:
I think ill try it out on my bros psp first :biggrin: