• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Davee Downgrades PSPgo from 6.31 to 6.20

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I played and finished LocoRoco and got lots of enjoyment out of that, but no replayability.

Agreed. I felt the same way... That's why I believe that Patapon is a little better but whatever, that's a whole new topic xD

Also, long before the 3DS comes into my hands, I still want to play FFIV, the 3rd Birthday, Agito XIII and a few other upcoming games. Though I really believe they'll be the last.

vilkit

Implementing a second analog stick at this stage of the psp's lifecycle is just stupid. NO GAME WOULD NATIVELY SUPPORT IT. It would require every developer to retroactively add support via a patch. (None of them would bother, we're lucky we still get psp games)
Request it as a psp2 feature. Sure. Just plain retarded wishful thinking to request it for any current psp gen.
Thoughts about this article.
PSPGo was damn near the best model of the PSP before this exciting news was announced. Now it is definitively the best psp model. By far. I can officially retire my heavy as a brick psp1000.
I will still buy games for my go, hopefully this will light a fire under the asses of companies who refused to release games on PSN.

Muratcan

I'm sorry but if you believe that the PSPgo is only good if it's hacked then you are an idiot, sir. I don't mean offense, I'm just stating a fact.
Not only good if it's hacked, hardware wise it's the best of the four systems (and one software perk in the save state feature, which is also possible via homebrew on 2000s and 3000s I believe). But c'mon, you can't tell me that the Go was better than a custom firmware 1000 (now you can of course ;)).

Also addressing those who are arguing about whether Davee is a fake or not. Was it not him that released the 5.03 HEN that gave 3000 users the light?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Not only good if it's hacked, hardware wise it's the best of the four systems (and one software perk in the save state feature, which is also possible via homebrew on 2000s and 3000s I believe). But c'mon, you can't tell me that the Go was better than a custom firmware 1000 (now you can of course ;)).

Also addressing those who are arguing about whether Davee is a fake or not. Was it not him that released the 5.03 HEN that gave 3000 users the light?

The ONLY reason I wanted my PSPgo hacked in the first place was to be able to play my backups (which are a lot) for the UMD days. Aside from that, changing from a HEN'd 3000 to a non-HEN PSPgo, I still felt the PSPgo was better for gaming (which is what it's all about).

As for the Davee comments, they were being sarcastic xD

MenaceInc

Staff Member

He's not a fake, he's a mate of ours and we were just giving him a bit of banter. Was just a joke. If Davee says that he's done it then I totally believe him. Just never let him be a medic in TF2.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Davee never posts anyway :p He should post topics on eXo when he does things like this xD

Muratcan

Thanks for the clarification guys. I was wondering why the hell long standing members were making such comments xD
Ahh Kezra I was gonna actually use that argument in my reply to you ;)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Thanks for the clarification guys. I was wondering why the hell long standing members were making such comments xD
Ahh Kezra I was gonna actually use that argument in my reply to you ;)

Wut argument?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Source: http://twitter.com/DaveeFTW

I think he means that sarcastic or :D ?

Why he should release a downgrader ? his 6.10 hen was also not released.

But anyway,good work Davee :)
Your'e not a faker!

greez.flo

The HEN wasn't released and the reasons were clear. If he does release the downgrader, I think it'll be good but won't chyange the fact the scene is dead.

vilkit

If i downgrade, will i still be able to play the games i legitimately purchased on psn? I only want to play with homebrew emulators and the games that were never released on psn (crisis core, kingdom hearts, a few others)
Would it be impossible to authorize a 6.20 firmware pspgo, with my psn account without having to update?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
If i downgrade, will i still be able to play the games i legitimately purchased on psn? I only want to play with homebrew emulators and the games that were never released on psn (crisis core, kingdom hearts, a few others)
Would it be impossible to authorize a 6.20 firmware pspgo, with my psn account without having to update?

Yes you can, with MediaGo ;) that's how I do it personally.

Muratcan

Wut argument?

About being able to play UMD only games on the Go now and why that improves the device's worthiness :smile:

Even if Davee doesn't release it (oh yh I remember now he was the guy that hacked the Go and didn't release their method due to HEN being turned into a piracy haven!) Math has found the PSP keys (related to the PS3 discoveries). So no need to worry about downgrading anymore 8)

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
QFT

imo, the go feels alot better in my hands than any of the other psp model's

Well personally the 3000 is about as near perfect as it gets in my experience. I love mine

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Forgot to notify everyone but I believe Davee stopped development of the downgrader due to the keys being released (thus no need).