• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Demon's Souls

Slasher

Suck It
This game is fucking great, I'm loving it so far

I think I'm addicted

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What level are you? I was thinking about making a new character as a Faith build. I could probably get close to your level pretty quick.

Also, did you get the deluxe version with the strategy guide? I've never once found a game where a guide is more valuable than that one and you don't even use it for the walkthrough.

The walkthrough is like 8 pages long and the other hundred are all about the gear, etc.

Slasher

Suck It
What level are you? I was thinking about making a new character as a Faith build. I could probably get close to your level pretty quick.

Also, did you get the deluxe version with the strategy guide? I've never once found a game where a guide is more valuable than that one and you don't even use it for the walkthrough.

The walkthrough is like 8 pages long and the other hundred are all about the gear, etc.

I'm up to level 29, and been playing for a little over 10 hours now. I started off as just a plain warrior (I think that's what the class was called?) and have been sort of rolling with it. I've just focused on being a complete brute who can take lots of hits and deal lots of heavy damage.

I'm rocking the 'fluted' armour set and a +3 Bastard sword which I'm hoping to just hold onto until something bigger and better comes along. I've been kind of experimenting actually by dropping the heavy fluted armour and wearing ninja clothes instead. They help with endurance and my character can dodge and roll around quickly without flopping to the ground instead, this is of course at the expense of extra defense though

I just got the regular version w/out any strategy guide. I can see how it would be useful though. I've been reading up the IGN guides, and been just vaguely looking over the walkthrough to find special items and tips on how to beat certain bosses

Whisper

Logic :(
Dang Abe how much time did it take you to acomplish that :eek: I have dropped easily 65+ hours and am still working on upgrading everything.

On a side note, I am really hoping that broken archstone turns out to be a huge expansion. New random events would be nice to.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Dang Abe how much time did it take you to acomplish that :eek: I have dropped easily 65+ hours and am still working on upgrading everything.

On a side note, I am really hoping that broken archstone turns out to be a huge expansion. New random events would be nice to.

About 135 hours with this particular character. The longest grind was trying to get a Pure Bladestone to drop.

I had enough materials to make some of the maxed out weapons on my second playthrough, and at the end of NG+++ I just needed to farm for Chunks of Greystone, Marrowstone, and Mercurystone.

Bran

Yell
About 135 hours with this particular character. The longest grind was trying to get a Pure Bladestone to drop.

I had enough materials to make some of the maxed out weapons on my second playthrough, and at the end of NG+++ I just needed to farm for Chunks of Greystone, Marrowstone, and Mercurystone.

I should get back into this game. I can never decide on what kind of character I want to play. As such I have a magic, str, AND dex characters I switch between.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I should get back into this game. I can never decide on what kind of character I want to play. As such I have a magic, str, AND dex characters I switch between.

You should. My main is mostly a Dex build but wince it's the first one I made without knowing anything, it's also somewhat Strength orientated.

I want to make a straight Faith build next. It's about as different from a Dex build as you can get and it would allow me to play a much different style. I also want a staight Magic caster eventually.

This game never gets old for me.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
and this game is finally coming to Europe, Namco Bandai is publishing.

Bran

Yell
You should. My main is mostly a Dex build but wince it's the first one I made without knowing anything, it's also somewhat Strength orientated.

I want to make a straight Faith build next. It's about as different from a Dex build as you can get and it would allow me to play a much different style. I also want a staight Magic caster eventually.

This game never gets old for me.

Yeah, I made a faith build and rolled with the sword of moonlight, but it got pretty boring killing things in like 1-2 hits on NG+

I like my str character, but it's hard not having any ranged attacks. And the dex character can be pretty cheap with the bow. I mostly main my magic character, I use it for melee attacks with a magic damage weapon and just use the spells for support like firespray or whatever the glowy barrier one is called, I forget.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I think Riorio99 already established this :mellow:

forgive me then. I tend not to follow all posts in a thread due to laziness.

Slasher

Suck It
Slasher, what's your Soul Level now?

I'm up to level 81 now, with nearly 40 hours worth of play time

Last night I finished beating my last demon before going to face Old King Allant at the Penetrator Archstone

I was reading the guide on IGN and they make it sound like after beating Old King Allant, it's pretty much the end of the game with just one final demon soul left to grab, so I'm not sure whether to proceed with killing him or not. Is this the case? Can I still proceed with my game after killing him or do I have to start a NG+ after that?

I mean, there's still a lot of items and things I think I should probably get before going ahead and starting a NG+, so I'm not really sure