• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Derren Brown predicts the Lotto numbers?

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmxua_V1AcM[/YT]

Nothing is changed at all, he actually did it, or gave the illusion that he did it, I am very impressed, this guy is the reason I took psychology.

Dan

Contributor
He isn't the reason you took psychology. You just want to pick up girls because your face doesn't work. I know your lot.

I'm joking.

I watched it too, I just can't help but think it's fixed, but I want to believe it's real. So I can do it.

James.

User Not Found
Im not sure about this. Do you think a green screen could have worked?
Cinema trickery at work, I assume. Why did he write the numbers on that whiteboard at the end? Because if he had really predicted them, he wouldnt need to write them down. He would know them.

Cryox

Bro.
Why did he write the numbers on that whiteboard at the end?
It was so you could see the numbers again and compare them to the, I'm assuming, numbered ping-pong balls.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
Im not sure about this. Do you think a green screen could have worked?
Cinema trickery at work, I assume. Why did he write the numbers on that whiteboard at the end? Because if he had really predicted them, he wouldnt need to write them down. He would know them.

If it was a green screen or a video overlay, what would be the "years of work" and a tv program on it be for?

"Yeah! First we put some hooks on the wall and hung the green screen, we then recorded.."

Colm

Quite an interesting illusion. Wouldn't mind watching the making of.

James.

User Not Found
If it was a green screen or a video overlay, what would be the "years of work" and a tv program on it be for?

"Yeah! First we put some hooks on the wall and hung the green screen, we then recorded.."
Derren Brown does take a long time to say stuff, but meh. I dunno. Just an idea

eldiablov

Contributor
I missed it. Enlighten me.

[SPOILA!][BLACKOUT]He spent the last few minutes stating that he hypnotised a worker within the lottery and got them to switch the balls for 5 dummies that weighed more, and as a consequence they all came out. However, he didnt really admit to it as it would be a crime >.> So he said I did NOT do this etc etc and pulled out a plastic container that had the dummie balls in them and proceeded to tell the story of how he ripped off the lottery.[/BLACKOUT]

Blew my mind.

xist

He spent an hour not telling anyone how he did it, and then spent another minute pretending he rigged the lottery machine.

My money is on a simple misdirection (him looking at the TV screen and talking) as the balls were manipulated in real time. Obviously this wasn't one of the options he discussed on his reveal show.....