• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi "DMC" Announced - Devil May Cry Reboot by Ninja Theory

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I dont understand how you guys can say "game looks fun"

That not even gameplay footage - its a movie animation. You have no idea the level of fun the game has based on the video in OP.

I will say, the animation looks great and to not deliver after a video like that would be terrible. I think they had to change the hair in order to get the entire feel of a "reboot" to the title. I dont like the new character but I dont hate him either, ill leave my opinion to be developed when and if I play it. But, its intriguing either way.

Bran

Yell

That not even gameplay footage - its a movie animation. You have no idea the level of fun the game has based on the video in OP.

I will say, the animation looks great and to not deliver after a video like that would be terrible. I think they had to change the hair in order to get the entire feel of a "reboot" to the title. I dont like the new character but I dont hate him either, ill leave my opinion to be developed when and if I play it. But, its intriguing either way.

God I love you.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Someone is mad today xD

I have to respectfully disagree with you sir.

One can have some idea of the degree of enjoyment one will have from a game by looking at in-game cutscenes like this one. It gives you an idea of the level of action and the setting and mood of the game. Though it might not be accurate you can still say: "game looks like fun" with some degree of accuracy.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
You should take what you see in the trailer with a grain of salt. It's a trailer....a pre-rendered trailer/cinematic. It gives you a good idea of the setting of the game and potential storyline, but you shouldn't try to get anymore out of it than that.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I agree, there's only so much you can glean from a trailer. However, anyone saying the game looks fun is probably basing it on their experience with earlier DMC titles. It's unlikely Capcom/Ninja Theory will change up the core mechanics. The trailer is evident of that IMO.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Someone is mad today xD

I have to respectfully disagree with you sir.

One can have some idea of the degree of enjoyment one will have from a game by looking at in-game cutscenes like this one. It gives you an idea of the level of action and the setting and mood of the game. Though it might not be accurate you can still say: "game looks like fun" with some degree of accuracy.

I agree 100% BUT it does not give you a feel of how the gameplay will be. For all we know, DmC is a tactical RPG...

We cant know based on a game animation, studios HAVE BEEN KNOWN to give epic animations with gameplay not matching.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I agree 100% BUT it does not give you a feel of how the gameplay will be. For all we know, DmC is a tactical RPG...

We cant know based on a game animation, studios HAVE BEEN KNOWN to give epic animations with gameplay not matching.

Well, also 100% agreed. But it's very unlikely DmC will be a tactical RPG, even though I'd like to see that and just the very thought makes me lulz.

If Enslaved is any proof of what Ninja Theory can do, I'll say DmC will be awesome as ever though.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Well, also 100% agreed. But it's very unlikely DmC will be a tactical RPG, even though I'd like to see that and just the very thought makes me lulz.

If Enslaved is any proof of what Ninja Theory can do, I'll say DmC will be awesome as ever though.

Sure the odds are extremely low, but just based on the fact that it is an unknown factor is evidence enough that one can not know exactly how the gameplay will feel for a game. Especially if you compare games that youve played in the past that you hated. For example, the new Lara Croft game looked badass, but when I played it it was not fun at all for me. I guess in theory you can chalk that up to subjective intake.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Sure the odds are extremely low, but just based on the fact that it is an unknown factor is evidence enough that one can not know exactly how the gameplay will feel for a game. Especially if you compare games that youve played in the past that you hated. For example, the new Lara Croft game looked badass, but when I played it it was not fun at all for me. I guess in theory you can chalk that up to subjective intake.

The new Lara Croft game was fantastic..don't know what planet you're living on :p But really, its [DMC] got a new developer and a reboot for the series so we should get some gameplay changes/enhancements...atleast I would hope so.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
The new Lara Croft game was fantastic..don't know what planet you're living on :p But really, its [DMC] got a new developer and a reboot for the series so we should get some gameplay changes/enhancements...atleast I would hope so.

IT WAS TERRIBLE FOR ME. It was like trying to play Xmen Legends with Lara Croft. Utter shit in my eyes.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well guess it's not your type of game but I hate Xmen Legends and love Lara Croft Guardian of Light...it's also about 10x better in co-op but the singleplayer still offers a nice challenge with the puzzles and the unique level-based challenges and mechanisms.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Well guess it's not your type of game but I hate Xmen Legends and love Lara Croft Guardian of Light...it's also about 10x better in co-op but the singleplayer still offers a nice challenge with the puzzles and the unique level-based challenges and mechanisms.

What drew me off first hand, is the camera. No thanks.

But what made me turn the game off is that when I got out of the temple I was bombarded with LITERALLY an entire screen of monsters that had no way to defend against.

hellfireaxel

This game sucks balls. I love Devil May Cry. As far as I see it there bring ruin to the franchise. Even though it they screwed up everything now I'll properly still play this one and the ones to come but only love the rush of adrenaline I get from being a hardcore gamer.

TeamOverload

This game sucks balls. I love Devil May Cry. As far as I see it there bring ruin to the franchise. Even though it they screwed up everything now I'll properly still play this one and the ones to come but only love the rush of adrenaline I get from being a hardcore gamer.

Glad you know the game sucks way before it's even close to being released.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart

I agree, theres nothing like sitting down and popping in a new disc from the latest blockbuster and growing the biggest boner of the month from watching cutscenes and hitting buttons. Then, after finally finishing that game and creaming all over the inside of my underwear - basking in its warmth like the embrace of a woman. Sitting in my own semen induced by graphics is a pleasure I enjoy far more than anything else in life.

Also, this game is total shit, I seen a screenshot of the main character and its obvious that its going to suck completely. Im glad me and hellfireaxel are on the same page - guys like us are waiting out for much better games to cause orgasms... like the new donkey kong. I cant wait to jizz all over myself as I finally collect all my lost bananas.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I agree, theres nothing like sitting down and popping in a new disc from the latest blockbuster and growing the biggest boner of the month from watching cutscenes and hitting buttons. Then, after finally finishing that game and creaming all over the inside of my underwear - basking in its warmth like the embrace of a woman. Sitting in my own semen induced by graphics is a pleasure I enjoy far more than anything else in life.

Also, this game is total shit, I seen a screenshot of the main character and its obvious that its going to suck completely. Im glad me and hellfireaxel are on the same page - guys like us are waiting out for much better games to cause orgasms... like the new donkey kong. I cant wait to jizz all over myself as I finally collect all my lost bananas.

You win this thread, sir.

Bran

Yell
[video=youtube;GixCzw9vjek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixCzw9vjek[/video]

New Trailer is fantastic, I'm really excited for this game.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
[video=youtube;GixCzw9vjek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixCzw9vjek[/video]

New Trailer is fantastic, I'm really excited for this game.

Not a fan of the haircut. Where's my angsty longhaired emo Dante goddamit!