• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Do Not Attempt] Too Risky for PSP3k? (Hellcat Recovery Flasher)

Hellcat

Contributor
The sad part is. In the chickHEN readme file. It says don't do it....
See! Ppl should start reading those things.... including myself :blush:

/me reads

Ah, it says a bit 'bout it....
  • [What it does not do?]
    - Magically allow the use of Custom Firmware (on TA-088v3 or PSP 3000)
  • Sure enough, you can run applications in HEN to flash stuff but I strongly recommend against it.

Not only read, but "read and understand" :D

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Hey, hellcat
I have a questin for you
Are yu going t release a new version of recovery flasher ad if you are, could you incorporate something like PSPIdent into i s after it tells tou what kind of ps yo have (phat or slim) it could tell you your mobo version. It would be really useful for people

Hellcat said:
Do NOT, by NO MEANS, NEVER EVER use Recovery Flasher on a 3000 Model PSP or the newer 088v3/090 2000's!!!

You WILL, for a certainty of 120%, get a brick you will NOT be able to recover from!

Someone should make a worldwide, broadcasted on CNN, announcement about that.

All current versions of Recovery Flasher are only meant to be run on PSPs capable of running Pandora and CFW.

Thank's for your time :)

Hellcat, there was a broadcast made yesterday by me: Read THIS before you brick your PSP-3000 - eXophase.com Forums

Hellcat

Contributor
Hey, hellcat
I have a questin for you
Are yu going t release a new version of recovery flasher ad if you are,[...]
and obviously add the code like
if mobo like ta88v3 and psp3k
exit
else
run :D
Yes and yes :)
Not sure if I will add a detailed MoBo detection like PSPIdent, but the current WIP already checks for at least the PSP 3k.

Hellcat, there was a broadcast made yesterday by me: Read THIS before you brick your PSP-3000 - eXophase.com Forums
\o/ :)