• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downgrading Custom Firmware (OE / M33)

Roe

bricking you psp means that you just get black screen when you turn it on and what firmware were you downgrading from

dennis96411

Hey,yesterday I downgraded my friend's PSP from 3.50 to 1.50 and then upgraded to 3.40 OE-A,and now he say he can't play any UMD games,he got the messege:The game cannot be started.So he tell me to get back the way it was before,so I guess I have to downgrade and then install 3.50 on his PSP again.But will it brick?
His PSP
3.50>>1.50>>3.40 OE-A
Will it brick if he downgrade to 1.50 and then upgrade to sony's again?
I heard someone said that if you downgraded to 1.50,you cannot upgrade to sony officials again.
Is it true?Will it brick?Someone please tell me!!!!!!!!

Roe

If you go back you will not be able toupgrade again to anything. Disable all te options in advancd in recoveryt mode and it should fix his psp

King-Wade

can this be used to downgrade M33 as well?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
can this be used to downgrade M33 as well?

should work, but I can't say for sure.

what do you want to downgrade to? You CAN install OE right from M33.

Acerthief

i dunno if other people have this problem. after downgrading to 1.5 and the blue screen of death, it reboots itself. but if you have a UMD inside, it auto starts the UMD, just skipping the xmb. and OMG it auto updates to the firmware you have from the UMD (in my case it's a 2.71[whew] scarface.) then i have to downgrade back again to 1.5, wasting a HELL lot of time.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Heh, wow, that would suck... Downgrade to 1.5... Reboot, BSoD, 3.51'd :p

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
em, that seems odd. Sony firmware updates don't auto update... you actually have to scroll through a couple of prompts before starting the update.

Acerthief

oh, thanks cheezeball.

btw, x3. this guide supports M33, so i guess the name of the guide should be "Downgrading OE/M33"? a few of them PMed me asking if this works on M33.
i would have change it but that's when i found out i wasn't a moderator of this section.:(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
oh, thanks cheezeball.

btw, x3. this guide supports M33, so i guess the name of the guide should be "Downgrading OE/M33"? a few of them PMed me asking if this works on M33.
i would have change it but that's when i found out i wasn't a moderator of this section.:(

Okay. I wasn't sure if it worked on M33 or not.

kaco

Hi, i read and read , but i want to make sure, its true that's theres no way to downgrade the 3.30 ?
thanks

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Hi, i read and read , but i want to make sure, its true that's theres no way to downgrade the 3.30 ?
thanks

Actually there is now, there is two ways, you can either update to 3.50 (NOT NOT NOT!!! 3.51 OR 3.52, or you can't use this one) and use the 3.50 downgrader which uses the Lumines UMD, you can find a guide to do that HERE. Or, on the other hand, you can use the Pandora Battery, but that's only an option if you have a friend with homebrew. Guide for that can be found HERE.

Acerthief

Well now, we use "Pandora Battery" to downgrade our firmware back to 1.5. But you'll need some one with a customfirmware to convert your battery.

Or you can:

If you have 3.50(NOT 3.51 or 3.52), use the 3.50 downgrade guide with a copy of Lumines.
If you have 2.81-3.03, upgrade to 3.03 and downgrade with a copy of unpated GTA:LCS.
For 2.80, use the 2.80 downgrade guide.
For 1.51-2.71 use the 2.71 downgrade guide.

After you're on 1.5, upgrade to M33 directly, you don't need it from a newer sony version.

After you're on M33(or any custom firware), you can revert back to any firmware(both custom and official you pleasure). Chance are bricking (means a bad upgrade or downgrade, you psp can't even boot, only the power light is on) is VERY little if you follow the guide slowly step by step. :).
hope it helps.
If you have futher questions, feel free to post in the PSP Help Center.