• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

DragonFireSDK Enables iPhone Development on Windows

eXo

M for Messenger
dragonfire.jpg

The official iPhone SDK has always been exclusive to Mac osx operating systems with very few exceptions. Options for Windows users include programming Actionscript applications with Adobe CS5, and developement with web applications for Safari. Both of which are very limited and can't be submitted to Apple.

DragonFireSDK is a new solution which enables developers to code applications using Windows Visual C++[...]

Continue reading: DragonFireSDK Enables iPhone Development on Windows...

Hellcat

Contributor
I've just sent a 1,400 word, 12-paragraph email, taking me 90 minutes to write, only to find Hellcat's only took him 10 minutes. Shittttttttt.
*lol* serious?

I just wrote them like 10 lines xD (incl. blank ones)
Stated who and what I am and that I wanna try it and why they only talk "2D games [blah]", if that means they don't support the 3D functions.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I documented a complete history of my expirience in programming, dating back to the good ol' PSP days. I only noticed when writing it that that was around 5 years ago now. Really doesn't seem liek it IMO. :mellow: I said I was requesting a copy to allow me to code my A Level Computing coursework for iPhone. I realised after sending it that it really wasn't worth the effort, because realistically, I'm just going to use it to dick about. :tup:

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
DragonFireSDK - Beta Test?
Sent: 04 February 2010 00:16:04
To: support@dragonfiresdk.com

Attachments: 2 attachments | Download all attachments (2.2 MB)
Example.zip (248.4 KB), DFSDKExam...zip (2002.5 KB)
We would love to have you as a beta tester!

Your free copy of the SDK is attached. We do ask that you experiment with the SDK and give us feedback on your experience. We want to make this SDK as easy to use as possible. We look forward to updating it with your suggestions and supporting you in your effort to create a successful iPhone game!

Ossum win.

Joey

I had no idea iPhone development was restricted to OSX. Kind of limits your potential field of developers. Smart, because it forces developers to buy Macs, but still... Kind of surprising...

Ok, it's actually not surprising at all. Pretend I didn't even say anything.

feny

Hello bro,
can i use C# programming in DragonFireSDK?
Hope to see your replu soon, thanks...

Hellcat

Contributor
Which is total crap, Apple is limiting itself and the App market (and so Apples income) with that, as many crossplatform apps/games do it that way to be more easy portable.

Well, if they don't want those apps/games, they won't get them....

Apple gets more and more sucky over time, I more and more dislike them, by now they are already worse than Microsoft.
No other company is so "closed" like Apple....

I agree. You'd think Apple would loosen, not tighten the restrictions on the App store. Oh well.

Wait, does that mean Unity too? That game engine puts out some of the best games on there.

Apparently Unity's fine as it generates an XCode project and then allows it to complile the app.

Felipe01

It is always better to select the developer who has the complete knowledge of iPhone SDK to create highly attractive and eye catching applications for your business. There are many professional that help to design you iphone applications at an affordable rate.