• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV E3 2012: PS Vita Getting PSOne Classics

David Sanchez

Tomb-Raider-PSOne.jpg

Earlier today during its E3 press conference, Sony announced that it would be bringing PSOne Classics to the PlayStation Vita. That's certainly great news, because it gives Vita owners the opportunity to take some of the original PlayStation's top games on the go with them.

The rumors regarding Sony's supposed deal with Gaikai weren't addressed, but a major possibility regarding those rumors was backward compatibility for the PlayStation 3 and Vita.

Continue reading...

hush404

Like! :) About time too. Odd that there was no mention what so ever about Sony/Gaikai... there were so many rumors about that.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Lol no price drop. Sony wants the Vita to die a slow death

Robby

Los Doyers!
Lol no price drop. Sony wants the Vita to die a slow death
I think it's perfectly priced for what it can do and will do. It doesn't need a price drop for maybe another year.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
What? It isn't that expensive? :|

Yes, sure. That why it selling poorly and dragging down Sony stock to historically low levels. They've botched and they know it. They just don't have the courage to own up

Robby

Los Doyers!
I would say it is selling poorly due to the game library. Mostly everyone just wanted to play Uncharted and that was it. If it came out with CoD on it already, I'm positive it would have sold like crazy.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I would say it is selling poorly due to the game library. Mostly everyone just wanted to play Uncharted and that was it. If it came out with CoD on it already, I'm positive it would have sold like crazy.

Yes, that is a big factor indeed. But you can only be kidding yourself if you think the price point isn't affecting it. You just said it yourself, there is not a library of games that justifies the 250€ price point (in the cheapest option), which is ridiculous. And how do they think they can solve that? Bundles. Really? That's not the way to fix it.

Ffs Sony, each unit costs about $160 to produce single. Meaning that it's much cheaper considering they are mass produced. You can afford a fucking price drop. They are just fucking out of touch with reality at this point, and worse, they don't learn from their past mistakes. This is the PS3 all over again.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Ffs Sony, each unit costs about $160 to produce single. Meaning that it's much cheaper considering they are mass produced. You can afford a fucking price drop. They are just fucking out of touch with reality at this point, and worse, they don't learn from their past mistakes. This is the PS3 all over again.
where exactly are you coming up with the 160$ price point?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It doesn't need a price drop, it needs titles. The price is extremely competitive where it stands right now. It's got an OLED touch screen, front facing camera, rear touch panel, amazing graphics, wifi, gps, etc. It's price point is fully justified and that's not the barrier right now.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
where exactly are you coming up with the 160$ price point?

http://www.destructoid.com/ps-vita-3g-teardown-puts-sony-s-cost-at-159-220036.phtml

It doesn't need a price drop, it needs titles. The price is extremely competitive where it stands right now. It's got an OLED touch screen, front facing camera, rear touch panel, amazing graphics, wifi, gps, etc. It's price point is fully justified and that's not the barrier right now.

Oh I disagree (respectfully Frozen), since most people I've talked to about it (about 20 at least, which isn't much, but it goes to show. Some of them have stable jobs, ect.), do have an interest in it, but feel the price is completely unjustified. Which I have to agree. You won't see me paying $250 for a home console, much less a portable one.

What the lack of games does however, is make the price point all the more unreasonable.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Not one person I have met in person complained about the price point. Every single one rather looked at the library and didn't see any multiplayer games of interest.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Not one person I have met in person complained about the price point. Every single one rather looked at the library and didn't see any multiplayer games of interest.

People care too much about multiplayer. I prefer solid singleplayer experiences, and imo the Vita is still lacking in that department too.

Roe

While I agree on the price point being too high, I think the reason people feel that the price point is too high is because there is a lack of good games. Isn't that what justifies paying a certain amount for any console?

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
250+$$$ for a memory card as not all games save with onboard flashmemory. So it's instantly much more than 250$ for just the base model if you want to save games, or download and keep more than 1 or 2 games on the card itself as well.

That's still not the reason why I don't want to buy it. Well it's one of many anyways.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood