• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi E3 Discussion

PR0fessor Burnt

PSN Apologies

Resistance 3 (Bundle announced, same as the socom 4 sharpshooter bundle)
Uncharted 3
Starhawk (from the warhawk guys)
More games with move support shown

PlayStation Suite: for PlayStation certified Android based devices (ie Xperia)

"Affordable" PlayStation branded 3DTV:
22" 3DTV/HDMI Cable/Glasses/Resistance 3 for $499.99
-Ability to display two different images to two individual users (multiplayer without the split screen)

Big ticket item was mainly the NGP:
-Officially named "PlayStation VITA" (Hereby referred to by me as the psp2)
-Wifi + 3G: $299.99
-Wifi Only: $249.99
-3G provided by At&t
-psp2 games shown were the ones we've already seen (LBP, Uncharted 3, etc).
-Available "this holiday"

That's pretty much it. Surprise they didn't talk about Minecraft being ported to the Xperia.

Thanks.

Glad to see the Vita isn't overly expensive

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
This is how you remaster shit. Sony take notice with all your shitty upscaled ports.(even if this re-uses assets from reach)
halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-20110606000336319.jpg

i'm really excited for this. Hopefully it comes out on disc as well.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
"Affordable" PlayStation branded 3DTV:
22" 3DTV/HDMI Cable/Glasses/Resistance 3 for $499.99
-Ability to display two different images to two individual users (multiplayer without the split screen).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't individual split screen already a feature on Killzone 2 with existing 3D TV's?

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
This is how you remaster shit. Sony take notice with all your shitty upscaled ports.(even if this re-uses assets from reach)
halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-20110606000336319.jpg

i'm really excited for this. Hopefully it comes out on disc as well.
Except the remasted Master Chief looks like a bad cosplay
HD Remaster - Original
original.png

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Except the remasted Master Chief looks like a bad cosplay
HD Remaster - Original
original.png

Doesn't look bad at all. It looks more true to the Mark V in a lot of ways anyway. I hated how the MkV was represented in all games after the original and now it's going back to how it SHOULD look. If anything the visor just needs to be narrower by a smidge and that's it

Spiros

Maiki
AAHHH! I'm so excited that the PSV/PSP2 is launching worldwide before 2012!!! and that it will only be 249 for the wifi model that is amazing! Cannot wait!

Also, I haven't pre-ordered anything since the original Pokemon Stadium (no joke), anyone got any idea when most stores (Best Buy in particular) would start pre-orders for the PSV?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
We just got back from the Playstation Event (3G coverage was spotty) and got some hands on time with the NGP/PSVita which we'll be doing a writeup about tomorrow most likely. We couldn't snag any pictures of the device itself. Initial impressions are good and LittleBigPlanet Touch looked amazing on it and the touch controls really add some nice depth to the gameplay. Tilt controls however were more gimmicky I thought.

Price point is spot on too. Convex analog sticks such though...was hoping for concave

Spiros

Maiki
I'm looking forward to reading it. I thought convex would have been better as well, is it just harder to grip?

Also, has anyone heard anything about which games will be in the launch lineup? Specifically, have they said if Uncharted will be a launch title, I've been reading articles but haven't heard any mention of this.

Deathrow

Looking forward to see what Halo 4 is about. At least it's a series being milked to improve the story and not just for the multiplayer *cough* Call of Duty series *cough*

Buying the Vita obviously (wifi only, the booing of the announcement of AT&T supporting 3G was hysterical)

Microsoft's game line up for Kinect was a joke. Still have little interest in motion gaming...

Robby

Los Doyers!
Looking forward to see what Halo 4 is about. At least it's a series being milked to improve the story and not just for the multiplayer *cough* Call of Duty series *cough*

Buying the Vita obviously (wifi only, the booing of the announcement of AT&T supporting 3G was hysterical)

Microsoft's game line up for Kinect was a joke. Still have little interest in motion gaming...
Fable, Ryse, Mass Effect, and Minecraft didn't excite you?

The games supporting kinect actually made me want to get one. They were able to get a buyer out of this conference.

Zx30

Beto
Even after so much Halo, Halo 4 still seemed great. Can't wait to see more.
Ninja Gaiden 3 on the other hand so far seemed like a major disappointment...It was one of the games I was really looking forward to....now not so much. I'll still keep an eye on updates to see if I get a change of heart..

eldiablov

Contributor
Fable looked like it was on rails from what I saw which, if true, is pretty lame. I also don't know how they're going to get the kinect fully integrated with Minecraft, I hope there's a regular controller option.

Also, I hoped so hard for Timesplitters 4 again this year. But when I saw this:
5e7c7c9b0f6588305db1a4775a86e7bdd7ee177b.PNG

I shit a brick in anticipation. Unfortunately I've never heard of Sly Cooper :(

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Fable, Ryse, Mass Effect, and Minecraft didn't excite you?

The games supporting kinect actually made me want to get one. They were able to get a buyer out of this conference.

Fable is a on-rails shooter: lame.
Ryse: Still waiting on more details to get excited.
Halo 4: I thought it should have died after Halo 2 xD (not flamebaiting, just my opinion)
Minecraft: Couldn't care less.
Mass Effect: Probably going to be the best in the series to date. Didn't need the Kinect shit.

All-in-all, pretty meh and boring. Too much Kinect, too few games.

Sony's Conference wasn't better either. We all knew it was going to revolve around the Vita, and so it did. BioShock for Vita was nice though.

Waiting on Nintendo now. They'll probably steal the show

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I immediately noticed that based on their choice of words and the assassination that was shown off. The original multiplayer was great and I think the new abilities, weapons, etc. just take away from the original