• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

E3 is over, what did you think about it?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Now that E3 2010 is over, what are your thoughts on it? What did you like or hate? What suprised you and didn't surprise you?

I loved the Nintendo conference and I liked the Sony one. I'm eagerly awaiting more details on the 3DS and it's games while also awaiting to see if Sony can really breathe life onto the PSP as they think they can.

I hated the focus on Move and Kinect, as I think they're just a fad that will grow old fast. Also the same is applicable for 3D. Gimme HD and I'll be more than satisfied.

So what are your thoughts?

Hellcat

Contributor
No thoughts as of yet, haven't grabbed a single bit of anything from it.

Waiting for people to write uo their sum ups and read "E3 in highly compressed form" to fetch all the interesting bits.

/me checks FP for E3 sum ups xD

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yeah, you do that xD

I was also impressed at how Nintendo brought all the big guns this year... Almost no casual crap for Wii only decent games and of course, the 3DS.

Hellcat

Contributor
I think I'll already start saving money already, so I can go to E3 myself next year.... yeah, I should do that....

Adiuvo

Nintendo definitely had the best press conference, with Sony in second. I love the 3DS. The design doesn't look that great at all (it reminds of the Pandora) but the screens and games look fantastic.

Move and Kinect are both priced way too high for my liking, but I am interested in the new 360. Considering I do most of my gaming on PC now though, I'm probably not going to get it.

Seth

MD Party Room
No thoughts as of yet, haven't grabbed a single bit of anything from it.

Waiting for people to write uo their sum ups and read "E3 in highly compressed form" to fetch all the interesting bits.

* Hellcat;117656 checks FP for E3 sum ups xD
There also this nice thread if you want.
E3 2010 - Announcements Round-up - M for Mature Forums

I felt Sony won this round that wand game thing they demoed really make me want one,the fighting game also looks quite good. There also First Dead Space Extraction that being made with Move support that also gives me hope, I just hope that these games are not retail games but something along the price of the psn and xbl games.

Also I can safely say that I will be movieing the wii up to my room and it will piss of my sister a great deal.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'll be writing up some impressions of various games and hardware soon; finally got home to my desktop so I can start cranking out some work and uploading various videos

Riorio99

Nintendo and Sony we're both excellent, announcing a ton of awesome stuff and having great presentations. Microsoft disappointed, showing off the Kinect, despite having a separete event designated for it, and having no surprises except the XBox 360 Slim.

Gabe Newell on the Sony stage wins as best moment though.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Nintendo and Sony we're both excellent, announcing a ton of awesome stuff and having great presentations. Microsoft disappointed, showing off the Kinect, despite having a separete event designated for it, and having no surprises except the XBox 360 Slim.

Gabe Newell on the Sony stage wins as best moment though.

I would say the best moment would be when Kevin Butler took the stage for the PS conference since Tretton announced at the beginning that he wouldn't be able to make it.

football

My best moment was the showing of Twisted Metal. Classic. Jaffe said that there was no Twisted Metal for PS3 coming and that he wouldn't even be at E3. The nintendo confrence was the best though. Golden Eye, Zelda and DKC. Who could ask for more?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Everyone I spoke to didn't seem very thrilled about Kinect. Giving everyone free 360s at the briefing seemed like a last ditch effort to win people over. No doubt, some will be less harsh on MS in their coverage now because of that.

I was really impressed with Nintendo's offerings. The amount of triple A titles on the way from them is staggering. Has to be their best lineup in awhile.

Have to work on finishing my writeups now.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
m$'s press conference felt like Nintendo's press conference 5 years ago when the wii was announced, completely directed toward family's/kid's, at least sony's move had more adult looking games, however, m$ also learned from the wii, and understand that directing it at kids/family's well result in more sales then if it was directed at an adult audience, in the end, it'll probably mean more money to be given to m$'s 360 department

football

m$'s press conference felt like Nintendo's press conference 5 years ago when the wii was announced, completely directed toward family's/kid's, at least sony's move had more adult looking games

Not to mention the obvious actors that were"miming" the games.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
m$'s press conference felt like Nintendo's press conference 5 years ago when the wii was announced, completely directed toward family's/kid's, at least sony's move had more adult looking games, however, m$ also learned from the wii, and understand that directing it at kids/family's well result in more sales then if it was directed at an adult audience, in the end, it'll probably mean more money to be given to m$'s 360 department

It was equally as awkward, too.

And what is the deal with people calling Microsoft M$? Does that make you super cool now or something? YEAH MICROSOFT THEY MAKE MONEY M$$$$$.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit

And what is the deal with people calling Microsoft M$? Does that make you super cool now or something? YEAH MICROSOFT THEY MAKE MONEY M$$$$$.

is that really something worth blowing up over?, i call it m$ because it's alot shorter than writing out microsoft, u've got a problem with that?, and don't get the wrong idea, i am a m$ fanboy

Chathurga

It makes me rage too, I hate it. It's not clever, funny or original. I have no idea why people do it.

is that really something worth blowing up over?, i call it m$ because it's alot shorter than writing out microsoft, u've got a problem with that?, and don't get the wrong idea, i am a m$ fanboy

MS. Surely an "S" is easy than a dollar sign?

football

It's just trolling for a majority of the fanboys. "OMG Microsoft only cares money so lets call them M$". All the companies want to make money, that's the whole point for them.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just want to point out that Microsoft didn't have any actors for their press conference. At least from what I know, the girl demoing the video chat and the guy doing the Zune navigation were both Microsoft employees.

Adiuvo

I think by acting that Football meant they weren't playing the games in real time, just copying the movements ;)