• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

E3 PS VITA Speculation

Spiros

Maiki
Finally finished school so I'm about to stop neglecting my Vita; can finally finish Uncharted: Golden Abyss and play some more FIFA. I'm really excited about what will be announced this E3 and of course there are already rumors with some things possibly being leaked early.

I'm particularly excited about Assassin's Creed III supposedly (if this listing can be believed) being ported to the Vita. AC is my favourite game franchine and I'm already excited for the AC3, the idea of having it on the go sounds great, I would definitely end up playing it long after I finish the story as I could see myself picking it up for 20 minutes at a time between classes, to do some of the side tasks such as gaining territory from the [STRIKE]Borgia[/STRIKE] Red Coats (?).
10614619-1337774206-933223.jpg

Another thing I've been waiting for is PS1 emulation, I want to get the HD remakes of MGS 2 and 3 but I'm going to wait until I play the first one. I know it's crazy, I haven't played any MGS ever. So I figure it's important to start with the first game.

Some other things that have been rumored:
  • Ghost Recon: Last Mission
  • Playstation Plus for Vita
  • Possible ebooks app for PS3 and vita

One thing, I have heard absolutely no rumors about but would love to be real, is a port of Red Dead Redemption for the PS Vita, it's definitely one of my favourite. Loved wasting time in that world.

Anything you guys are particularly interested in with regards to the Vita, anything you've heard rumored or suspect will be announced at E3? Let's hear it.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
PSVita Resolution= about 500,000 Pixels. barely over half the resolution of 720p, which in turn is only half of 1080p. So it's hardly HD.
(and Vita is only 25% of the resolution of 1080p)

I'm waiting until they make a version that doesn't have the worlds tiniest face buttons in the world(Seriously the facebuttons are smaller than the DSiXL's facebuttons which are TINY), or terrible second analog stick placement that wont' be hit every time you try and hit the X button. Or one that doesn't force me to use the touch screen for the interface.

Ohwait..

Spiros

Maiki
PSVita Resolution= about 500,000 Pixels. barely over half the resolution of 720p, which in turn is only half of 1080p. So it's hardly HD.
(and Vita is only 25% of the resolution of 1080p)

I never argued that the device displayed HD, but it's not the best way to think of picture quality. My TV at home is 50" and is capable of 1080p (1920x1080=2073600 pixels) so that's 41,472 pixels/inch. If what you say is true that the Vita is capable of displaying around 500,000 pixels than thats 100,000 pixels/inch, which is much more than the average HDTV. So with that said, now I would say that it is more than capable of HD graphics. Anyway, I never intended to argue about picture quality.

And the other things haven't been a problem for me personally and I have sausage fingers, the only thing that is a bit annoying is Sony's insistence on using touch for navigating the UI, just glad that it hasn't been implemented that way in all games, for instance FIFA doesn't use touch at all for menus.