• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gaming EA: Vita Stands A 'Better Chance' Than 3DS

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sonyvita.jpg

EA is feeling encouraged over the PS Vita, with EA Labels president Frank Gibeau stating that the publisher believes Sony's upcoming handheld stands a 'better chance' of success compared to Nintendo 3DS, despite the now-significantly higher price point. He pointed to a stronger launch lineup, social features, a 'unique' control scheme and technology as driving factors.

On the 3DS, Gibeau said there's been 'confusion' over it, calling the title slate 'different' -- likely alluding to the lack of big-name Nintendo franchises at launch.

"I think Vita has a better chance because it has a stronger title slate at launch[...]

Continue reading: EA: Vita Stands A 'Better Chance' Than 3DS...

Biggy204

This is the same EA that bashed anything 3D, so for them jumping the Vita bandwagon especially after their lackluster Madden 3DS game, why wouldnt they.

Nader

It's way too expensive. Bring it down to 3DS levels and it would be a success, or else a failure. That's the truth.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
It's way too expensive. Bring it down to 3DS levels and it would be a success, or else a failure. That's the truth.

If I remember though, the original PSP was about the same price at launch and it did pretty dam well. The PSP would have cost more at launch I think if you account for inflation.

Just checked and the PSP originally launched for US$249 so it's the same price as the PSP at launch for the Wifi model. Us brits are getting screwed though as the original PSP launched here for

Robby

Los Doyers!

I don't know about that.

I mean for what you are getting, it certainly is worth it. You pay $80 more then a 3DS and you get much better hardware and bigger name titles such as LBP, Uncharted, CoD, etc

3DS only has one game I want to play which is Zelda so until they atleast

Spiros

Maiki
I think PSVita is at the perfect price point, at $250 I feel like it's a good deal for what you get, and the games at 40 dollars seems extremely reasonable. Actually, I think both portables are at their perfect price point, I would have never thought about getting a 3DS at $250, but at $170 I'll probably get one when there are more games for it. Though I do think that with Sony selling PSV games at $40 dollars, 3DS games should be no more than $35.

PS - For anyone that is getting a PSVita, BestBuy has some games available for pre-order with $5 off (not sure if this deal is available in Canada only).