• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Flash0 of PS Vita PSP Emulator Dumped, Leaked

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
5843693994_aa927fb302_z.jpg

Last March, well-known homebrew developer Davee revealed that he gained kernel access within the PS Vita's PSP emulator and released a partial reverse of Kermit, an API used for communication between the emulated and native environment. Now another developer who goes by the Twitter alias "The Z" has leaked a complete dump of the PSP emulator's flash0 memory - which was obtained from Davee's private exploit.

The contents are decrypted and include user and kernel keys.

With this latest episode, it seems the underground PS Vita "scene" is heading down the same road as PS3, full of drama and no respect for fellow developers[...]

Continue reading: Flash0 of PS Vita PSP Emulator Dumped, Leaked...

luiscesjr

Mike the OP said " full of drama and no respect for fellow developers ", did he mean the hackers as devs or the sony devs?

Dan

Contributor
Mike the OP said " full of drama and no respect for fellow developers ", did he mean the hackers as devs or the sony devs?

The developer says that he shared the files because he cant stand that davee wont share his work which makes him an asshole and a douchebag.

I can confirm this

Chathurga

What age are these people, seriously, that's something a child would say. Davee should looking out for no. 1 from now on, this guy is getting tons of traffic that at the very least should be directed towards a site Davee owns. These people do not deserve your free work Davee, you deserve a financial return on this.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
he meant Davee, because of the leak.

I can never understand why spam bot programmers always write their bots to quote a small subsection of someone else's post, it's blatantly obvious=-\

as for topic, if I'm reading this right, it's still only for the psp emu, not anything to do with vita directly.

Davee

lolhax
Thanks for all your support guys. It's been a rough few days coming to terms that you mere mortals are now on the same technological level as me on PSV hacking. However, I've accepted what has happened and will grow stronger riding on the backs of the community's achievements. Especially thanks to eldiablov for he shared his chase that cheese source code which powers the core of 6.60 Roe VITA.

Thanks a lot eldiablov.

eldiablov

Contributor
Thanks for all your support guys. It's been a rough few days coming to terms that you mere mortals are now on the same technological level as me on PSV hacking. However, I've accepted what has happened and will grow stronger riding on the backs of the community's achievements. Especially thanks to eldiablov for he shared his chase that cheese source code which powers the core of 6.60 Roe VITA.

Thanks a lot eldiablov.

That's alright man

Hellcat

Contributor
wtf....

Leave Davee alone.
I dealt a lot with him in the past, and everytime I had a question or got stuck at some point, he answered and helped me when he could - so much for "not sharing blah blah"....

geez....

Of course it sucks that he doesn't release all his kernel exploits to the public the day he finds them, but take a second and ask "WHY?".
The answer is more than obvious: if he would, Sony would patch it the same day with a forced FW update.

Keeping it private gives a couple of people at least SOME time to use it to find out more - until it's then leaked, released or otherwise patched.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
wtf....

Leave Davee alone.
I dealt a lot with him in the past, and everytime I had a question or got stuck at some point, he answered and helped me when he could - so much for "not sharing blah blah"....

geez....

Of course it sucks that he doesn't release all his kernel exploits to the public the day he finds them, but take a second and ask "WHY?".
The answer is more than obvious: if he would, Sony would patch it the same day with a forced FW update.

Keeping it private gives a couple of people at least SOME time to use it to find out more - until it's then leaked, released or otherwise patched.

Meowth, by know you should know how this things are. The only people who get any respect are those who share the material, and those that don't are "just a bunch of pricks".

Sad that it's come to this so early, but I guess the battle for the biggest e-peen has just begun... and in the end, there can only be one.

Hellcat

Contributor
Sad that it's come to this so early, but I guess the battle for the biggest e-peen has just begun... and in the end, there can only be one.
Yeah.... I already see the Vita "scene" going down the same drain as the PS3 one.
And if it really does, I surely will not be a part of it.