• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Gears of War 3 Delayed Until Fall 2011

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Microsoft and Epic Games have just announced that the highly anticipated Gears of War 3 title has been pushed from April 2011 until sometime in the fall. The press release accounts this delay to allow for more polishing of the game and be in time for the holiday season next year[...]

Continue reading: Gears of War 3 Delayed Until Fall 2011...

Spiros

Maiki
If I wasn't going to be gone from May to August away from my consoles, I wouldnt be happy about this, but I suppose It's a good thing in the end, because I hold this series so highly, so I'd expect the final game to be damn polished.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I don't really care either. There's plenty of titles to hold my time until this comes out, among other things.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah with all the fall titles from this year coming out early next year it doesn't bother me too much, especially considering that it was still several months away. The game probably won't receive much more polish considering it's coming along on a nice pace and is even playable at the Eurogamer Expo that is going on right now I think

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm not surprised, I was kinda shocked when they said they would release it so early in the year.
Hopefully with all the extra time they can release a demo or beta.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Clifford B has a tweet hinting at another announcement related to this. If it has anything to do with Kinect, I'll pass.

Spiros

Maiki
Lol, that would be ridiculous. I doubt anything could make me want to miss out on the final chapter of Gears of War, but I would be severely disappointed.

I wonder what It'll be, like Frozen said, if it's already pretty polished, to the point that it's playable, what could they need an extra 4 months for? Hopefully they're adding something substantial.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Lol, that would be ridiculous. I doubt anything could make me want to miss out on the final chapter of Gears of War, but I would be severely disappointed.

I wonder what It'll be, like Frozen said, if it's already pretty polished, to the point that it's playable, what could they need an extra 4 months for? Hopefully they're adding something substantial.
Sales. Selling it during the holiday season will increase sales.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I think with the latest TU for Gears 2, multiplayer is fixed.
You get the occasional lag issues when you start playing with people from other countries and they are the host but for the most part it is a enjoyable experience.

Sinfulfate

maybe it's so they'll fix the multiplayer
Nah Microsoft said there delaying it because they want to make it their big fall 2011 title. With Halo and Fable this year and Mass Effect no longer exclusive Microsoft really doesn't have anything big exclusive coming in the near future except this.

If epic needed the extra time I'd be fine with it but delaying it just so Microsoft can have one big title for next fall is pretty lame.

Spiros

Maiki
Nah Microsoft said there delaying it because they want to make it their big fall 2011 title. With Halo and Fable this year and Mass Effect no longer exclusive Microsoft really doesn't have anything big exclusive coming in the near future except this.

If epic needed the extra time I'd be fine with it but delaying it just so Microsoft can have one big title for next fall is pretty lame.

If that is the reason then I agree, that's ridiculous.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Word on the street is that it's pretty fucking awesome already, and I'm glad that they delayed it now instead of later.
But the gaming industry's obsession with fall releases is no doubt annoying.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Word on the street is that it's pretty fucking awesome already, and I'm glad that they delayed it now instead of later.
But the gaming industry's obsession with fall releases is no doubt annoying.
Yeah it would have been nice to enjoy this game over the summer when game releases are dry.

well imo.

The longer we wait the better Multiplayer fixes and everything.

Gears 2 was little bit glitch when it came out.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
There was a slew of issues at launch, but they have all been taken care if with the title updates. Epic isn't a studio that sits back once they release something. I wouldn't worry too much about the MP being an issue.