• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 3 Gameplay Details Leak

eXo

M for Messenger
gears.jpg

Edge Magazine is reporting some new information about the anticipated finale to the Gears of War franchise.* There aren't many new details to share, but some of them are fairly big changes to the past formula that has worked so well:

* New Locust enemies this time around will have tentacle-like appendages that can reach a player who is currently in cover
* Delta Squad members will be armed with charges that can travel underground to take out enemy cover locations
* COG soldiers will have available to them a heavy duty mech suit for added protection and damage capabilities
* The game will be set during Summer months and feature a more tropical set, including underwater locations
* All of the new features will be present in both single player and multiplayer modes

Cliffy Bleszinski was slated to appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight to unveil a new game, but he has been bumped to appear this Monday.* Safe money says he was going to mention some or all of the above[...]

Continue reading: Gears of War 3 Gameplay Details Leak...

Robby

Los Doyers!
I am hoping this game is good. Gears of War 1 was my favorite game for the xbox360 until CoD4 came out, and I thought Gears 2 was a bust.

Hopefully this one makes me enjoy Gears again.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
All I'm hoping for is a split-screen mode that's not as tedious and predictable as Horde is GoW2 and I'll be happy.

Frozty

we should stop complaining and gather together as fellow COGs and destroy all Locust. :D

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

[qimg]http://www.mformature.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/gears.jpg[/qimg]
Edge Magazine is reporting some new information about the anticipated finale to the Gears of War franchise.* There aren't many new details to share, but some of them are fairly big changes to the past formula that has worked so well:

* New Locust enemies this time around will have tentacle-like appendages that can reach a player who is currently in cover
* Delta Squad members will be armed with charges that can travel underground to take out enemy cover locations
* COG soldiers will have available to them a heavy duty mech suit for added protection and damage capabilities
* The game will be set during Summer months and feature a more tropical set, including underwater locations
* All of the new features will be present in both single player and multiplayer modes

Cliffy Bleszinski was slated to appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight to unveil a new game, but he has been bumped to appear this Monday.* [HIGHLIGHT]Safe money says he was going to mention some or all of the above[/HIGHLIGHT][...]

Continue reading: Gears of War 3 Gameplay Details Leak...

or more

Robby

Los Doyers!
I think a new game is going to be announced, not details about this game on Jimmy Fallon.