• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 3

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Yeah they're adding things week by week I think from now till the end of the Beta

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah every week a new map and game mode will be available.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I haven't tried yet, but can you carry both shotguns at the same time? Following up a sawed off miss with a Gnasher shot would make people rage.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I haven't tried yet, but can you carry both shotguns at the same time? Following up a sawed off miss with a Gnasher shot would make people rage.

Yes you can, I do that sometimes when it's 1v1.

Has anyone found the weapon on Checkout after you press the button?
CliffyB said pressing the buttons spawns a secret weapon in a secret area.

EDIT - Me and some friends think we got it. If you press the button, then the door in the electronics section opens up slightly and a weapon spawn on the ground.

EDIT2 - nvm, I guess someone just dropped a weapon right there. But the doors do open so maybe we have to shoot something in there?

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I heard that there will be an "unannounced" new weapon in that location in the electronics store.

BTW, All 4 maps are still available, but only in ranked play, not public, I found that out today when I played my first ranked match lol

Robby

Los Doyers!
I heard that there will be an "unannounced" new weapon in that location in the electronics store.

BTW, All 4 maps are still available, but only in ranked play, not public, I found that out today when I played my first ranked match lol

The door in electronics opens and a box appears which you can shoot and destroy and a smoke grenade does appear.

Earlier today I was playing public and trenches was appearing, but when we left that match we didn't get trenches all day so it was probably a glitch.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think if the host of the party played this past weekend, Trenches and Old Town will show up in the rotation. I was playing I'm a party of five with sinfulfate last night and we were playing all four maps in sequence.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I love the Easter surprise :)
Every players head is an oversized bunny head.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Protip for an early lead on Trenches. Grab a Hammerburst and another person on your team with the same setup and at the start of the round go to the nade spawn. As the players on the other team rush the One Shot you can mow them down when they round the corner near the Digger/Scorcher for 2-3 quick kills.

I don't care how many people complain about the Retro Lancer being OP, the Hammerburst with an active reload rapes.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Protip for an early lead on Trenches. Grab a Hammerburst and another person on your team with the same setup and at the start of the round go to the nade spawn. As the players on the other team rush the One Shot you can mow them down when they round the corner near the Digger/Scorcher for 2-3 quick kills.

I don't care how many people complain about the Retro Lancer being OP, the Hammerburst with an active reload rapes.
On trenches you can do some serious damage with the mortar just launching it at spawn.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I got my second quad with the mortar there. First quad was on Thrashball with two frags and two dirty wall bounces.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Is it true that your level/exp does not carry over to the retail game? Only the skins do?

Yup, I wouldn't want my level to carry over either. By the time this beta is done I could be close to 25 and that's 1/4 of the leveling system.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm getting at least one extra beta code on the 8th for whoever wants it. I may get more depending on how the promotion goes. (Check your emails if you're in the beta already.)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm getting at least one extra beta code on the 8th for whoever wants it. I may get more depending on how the promotion goes. (Check your emails if you're in the beta already.)

Me, if I can't get one from my brother. I gave away my code to my brother to use since I have finals but I'm really looking to try the game out more.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'll be getting atleast 1 extra code as well and will give them away if anyone wants them.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yup, I'll send it to you as soon as I get it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I ended up getting 3 codes. I sent one to Professor burnt and i have 2 left so I'm just gonna post them, first come first serve

YP3XM-2DM6T-HXJ3X-JFWTX-GGHCZ
9MT6M-T9DP6-TWMGV-KTM96-GFXCZ