• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Gran Turismo 5 Goes Gold, Release Date Still TBD

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
gt5a.jpg

The seemingly eternal wait is nearly over. According to a Jalopink report, Polyphony Digital head Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed that PS3 exclusive Gran Turismo 5 has been sent off to manufacturing. In other words, it's gone gold.

"The discs are being stamped as we speak," stated Yamauchi in response to a question asking when the title is due to hit store shelves.

We're still left in the dark over a firm release date, but hey, it can't be too far off now can it[...]

Continue reading: Gran Turismo 5 Goes Gold, Release Date Still TBD...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Do games go gold without release dates often, or is the a rare occurrence?

It's rare. Usually release dates are announced well before a title goes gold.

Production should take around 2-3 weeks, so a late November release seems likely.

Also:

pmJEf.gif

angelsniper45

didnt they say this about duke nukem a few years ago to?
all i can say is meh.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
didnt they say this about duke nukem a few years ago to?
all i can say is meh.

No, they only say this about games that are going to production - Duke Nukem Forever never got that far. It's interesting news because, as x3sphere said, the game is still without a release date

angelsniper45

Yeah. I guess the players just have different viewpoints onthat stuff than the devs do. If I were them, I wouldnt announce it until it was 90% finished and the final touches were going in. Just saying.

HansB

The fact that the disc is being stamped, meaning the cover, doesn't mean at all that the software is being burned, so actually Yamauchi has said absolutely nothing.
In other words, you can stamp all the BD with the GT5, but then you have to burn the software and it doesn't means that both things are being done at the same time or one immediate after the other...
The wait will still go on and all the retailers at publishing dec 31th just because they say "it will be some date in 2010"...
They say we will have a date by the end of october... and still waiting...

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
The fact that the disc is being stamped, meaning the cover, doesn't mean at all that the software is being burned, so actually Yamauchi has said absolutely nothing.
In other words, you can stamp all the BD with the GT5, but then you have to burn the software and it doesn't means that both things are being done at the same time or one immediate after the other...
The wait will still go on and all the retailers at publishing dec 31th just because they say "it will be some date in 2010"...
They say we will have a date by the end of october... and still waiting...

Retail Discs are pressed not burned.