• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Grand Theft Auto IV PC Requirements Recommend A Quad Core CPU

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
gtaiv-01.jpg

Alongside confirming the December 2 delay, Rockstar Games today released the official system requirements for the PC edition of Grand Theft Auto IV. The specifications recommend at least a 2.4 GHz Intel Quad 2 Core, or the AMD equivalent of a Phenom X3 2.1 GHz. By contrast, the video card requirements are surprisingly modest, recommending at least a NVIDIA 8600 series card, with the bare minimum being a 7900 series card or ATI equivalent.

Hit the break for the complete list of minimum and recommended specifications.[blockquote2]Minimum System Requirements

* OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
* Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements

* OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
* Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
* 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870[/blockquote2]GTA IV PC Delayed to December [IGN]

KingPepper

<p>This is getting stupid, i am having to buy a new computer every 6 months to a year to keep up with these new games, this SUCKS big time, once again, my Dual core processor is alright, but only just, but my graphics card is only 128MB onboard graphics so incapable yet again, this really is pissing me off............i give up with PC's, i am sticking with my XBOX360........</p>

MenaceInc

Staff Member
i need a good excuse to build a new setup :)

dammit though....i really wanna switch completely to a linux distro but...need windows for gaming...ah well

MenaceInc

Staff Member
You could always run linux apps in windows http://www.andlinux.org/:laugh: I know its kinda pointless.

theres also cygwin but i don't want to run linux apps because i want the linux apps.....ok that sounds weird....

what i want is less bloat....and a more streamlined system....preferably a LFS when i get a holiday or something...

Jake

I know what you mean, I switched to Ubuntu earlier this year and only used windows once since because I needed MS Access.

GPUX

<p>these requirements are nonsense. i don't remember crysis asking for a quad-core in its recommended system requirements and that game had far more sophisticated physics and AI then GTA IV.</p>

NinjaWilliams

<p>What a mess, this is another reason that puts me off pc gaming big time - it's just techo hungry for all your money - and for what? a game that is virutally the same (gameplay-wise) on consoles for a fraction of the price! lol</p>

Kwipper

<p>Guys. A 7900GT is a 2 year old graphics card. I bought this for about 250 bucks and it has served me well. However it's now going to start showing it's age with some of the newer titles. Therefore time for an upgrade.</p>

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
<p>LOL wow, my new HP laptop can play this, it's got better than the min specs,
Core2 Duo @ 2.00GHz
4 GB RAM
320GB HDD
NVidia Geforce 9600M GT</p>
<p>^_^</p>