• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

guitars?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
anyone have any guitars they really want?
i really want a ESP DJ600 ....its based on the guitar that Dan Jacobs from Atreyu plays....

dj600.jpg

at the moment i'm still messing about on a peavey raptor exp....and still learning a lot at the moment....but ah well.

EDIT: dam that BB code...still learning it too....im used to HTML....ah well

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Not sure if I have one I really want... what I have currently is an Ibanez Roadstar II (RS100NT) like the one here, except that the body has been painted white.

Dan

Contributor
Guitars:
Westfield E4500
BC Rich Warlock
Strat-Squier

Amps:
Line6 Spider III
Peavey Vyper 75
Park/Marshall G-10

Damn, this thread is old.

winstonsam

I want to learn to play guitar and was thinking of getting one as a Xmas present for myself.
What would be a good one to get??
What are your thoughts on acoustic vs. electric??
At this point I'm leaning toward electric...

PR0fessor Burnt

I want to learn to play guitar and was thinking of getting one as a Xmas present for myself.
What would be a good one to get??
What are your thoughts on acoustic vs. electric??
At this point I'm leaning toward electric...

It all depends on what kind of guitar you want to play. For Instance if you want to play slide guitar then I recommend an acoustic with heavy strings set high from the neck. If you want to play rock then I recommend electric. As for Brands of guitars if you are just starting out I would go for something like a cort

angelsniper45

Guitars:
Westfield E4500
BC Rich Warlock
Strat-Squier

Amps:
Line6 Spider III
Peavey Vyper 75
Park/Marshall G-10

Damn, this thread is old.

hey i got a spider III to, i need to get a new one man

Guitar- 66 Fender Strat
I also have a line 6 crunchtone pedal, im hoping for some new gear soon

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I've got an Ibanez X-Series ADD120 from... '07 I believe?
1b4bff729c007f876bfb617488aa672a.jpg

That's my geetar. Rocks out, man. Custom pickups and all.

Riorio99

I want a Rickenbacker 4001 Bass, if that counts. Everyone from Paul McCartney and Phil Lynott to Cliff Burton and Jerry Only play(ed) these things. One of the most iconic Bass Guitars in the world.

Also, Scott Pilgrim plays one, so now it's wicked cool.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I own two electric guitars that I use for recording music.
http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod1721.htm A cheaper guitar(with action ,intonation, pickup issues and poor build) But still nice for certain sounds.

My second is a Gibson Les Paul Smartwood Series guitar
This is my go to guitar that is good for just about everything. Though I need the action and intonation adjusted on it right now and it needs new strings.
If you've played a Les Paul before this feels a lot different, it's about as half as thick as a Standard Les Paul and weighs about half as much too.
amp-guitar-piano.jpg
*Not my picture, just one off the net of what it looks like*

It was around 1100$ when it came out. It goes for about 8/900 ish now. I got mine for about 850 3 years ago.

I also have Acoustics and basses. But I assume this thread is about Electric guitars. So *shrug*

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Gibson SG special. (It's the cheapest Gibson SG, I don't think you really need a picture.)
and a modified Epiphone Les Paul custom that has been repaired twice.

I want a telecaster, and a Les Paul junior.

Spiros

Maiki
I got an Epiphone Les Paul a couple christmas' ago. I haven't played it as much as I'd like to. I've also got a Takamine acoustic guitar, and a cheap Acoustic/Electric guitar, I think it's Daddario or something, sounds fine, both have nylon strings. I play my acoustics way more than the electric.

Dan

Contributor
May as well relate in into this thread. Anybody have any experience with pedal boards? I'd rather have individual pedals that a multi effects processor - bands are currently on the horizon.