• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gun control or Anarchy?

Good or Bad idea?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OUTL4W

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ing-possibilities-created-by-3d-printed-guns/

Now, if we can understand that we do not have constitutional rights, and instead that we have natural rights, we can realize that this is a really good thing. Open source assault rifles, ready for your download. All you need is $100 worth of material and a 3D printer.

It no longer maters that much here in America if the statists take our second amendment, liberty will prevail. I look at this as an amazing work of activism. The genie is out of the bottle with this technology. But is it good or bad...you be the judge. This can be abused as with all good things...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i know that the political idea's/implementations here are a bit far reaching, but i'm more interested in how the technical aspect is achieved. it seems to me a gun made completely out of plastic is not going to last very long.

OUTL4W

i know that the political idea's/implementations here are a bit far reaching, but i'm more interested in how the technical aspect is achieved. it seems to me a gun made completely out of plastic is not going to last very long.
Here's a vid explaining the process

I dont think hes suggesting the entire gun but just the extended mags and the AR lower to switch between single fire and full auto.

Adiuvo

You could make attachments out of current print materials but something like the receiver will always break after a few shots. It's those parts that are restricted under current law.

As for whether you should be able to print these things... I can't think of a way to prevent these specifically without harming the 3D printing industry. Making them illegal is fine but there isn't a way to prevent transmission of the schematics, nor should the print materials be banned since they have numerous other useful applications.