• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Had to put down my cat today

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just came back from the vet and had to put my cat to sleep. 15 years of loyalty she has provided ever since I was a baby.

I was able to hold her in my arms while they injected her and she was gone within seconds. First time I ever had to put a pet to sleep, feeling real down right now.

El Diablo

That sucks man. My cat is ~15 years old and I'm not sure what I'm going to do when she passes away or we have to put her down. Get a new kitten to replace it and cheer you up :).

eldiablov

Contributor
Just came back from the vet and had to put my cat to sleep. 15 years of loyalty she has provided ever since I was a baby.

I was able to hold her in my arms while they injected her and she was gone within seconds. First time I ever had to put a pet to sleep, feeling real down right now.

I had to do the same with mine. It wasn't eating for a couple of days so we took it to the vet. She felt a lump in its back leg and discovered she had cancer. It had pretty much spread everywhere and the last resort was to put her down :(

Broke my heart tbh.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The worst part was I thought I was going to be able to handle it but when we were saying our good bye's and love you and when they injected her, I just broke down.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I had to do the same with mine. It wasn't eating for a couple of days so we took it to the vet. She felt a lump in its back leg and discovered she had cancer. It had pretty much spread everywhere and the last resort was to put her down :(

Broke my heart tbh.

That's kinda what happened. She wasn't eating and was vomiting alot so we took her to the vets a couple of weeks ago and said she had the very beginning stage of cancer, we were preparing for this but it hurts when it happens.

eldiablov

Contributor
The worst part was I thought I was going to be able to handle it but when we were saying our good bye's and love you and when they injected her, I just broke down.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

That's kinda what happened. She wasn't eating and was vomiting alot so we took her to the vets a couple of weeks ago and said she had the very beginning stage of cancer, we were preparing for this but it hurts when it happens.

Sorry to hear that man. Sucks when you lose a member of the family. You got any other pets?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Sorry to hear that man. Sucks when you lose a member of the family. You got any other pets?

Yes one other cat that is about the same age, although this one is showing no signs of it.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
sorry to hear it man, it sucks big time to lose a pet, at the very least, it was on your own terms, and not a something you come home to

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
ive had to put multiple pets down. my family has had two dogs that lived to be 17 years old that had to be put down, as well as a number of others not quite that old. it sucks but you always have the memories.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Unlucky Rob and every else who has had to put down a cat, I feel for you...
I'm currently on my 6th and 7th cats.
When I was born my parents already had a pretty old cat which they had to put down, then we had 2 that we had to give away after a while because they became a bit ferocious, then another 2, the first of which got runover and the second of which died of a heart attack :(
Luckily my current 2 cats are bloody afraid of cars (even my bike has them running away) so hopefully I'll have these 2 a while :)

Robby

Los Doyers!
Today was awful. I woke up and realize my cat wasn't sleeping on my bed like she always does :(

I think this is the worst part of having pets.

Zx30

Beto
I've only had one pet(frog) in my life that I had for a year before it died and it was terrible when she died. Only pet I really loved.
I can't hardly imagine the pain of losing a pet that was around for 15+ years. My deepest sympathy sir. I hope your pain leaves soon. :(

Robby

Los Doyers!
It feels like I lost a family member, she grew up with me.

elite

Oldie moldie
I had an African Grey parrot named Rambo. Actually, I have started a thread before getting the parrot about what should I call him. Anyways, after like 1 year, and on a Sunday morning, we found out that it somehow escaped the cage and fled towards nowhere. We are in a very crowded urban are, so we lost him for good. :( It really created a gap for 1 months, but we eventually got a new and a smarter parrot. :)

LocutusEstBorg

I had to put down one of my dogs a couple of years ago because it turned really vicious and brutally attacked my other dog. Then in the past two years I've had two dogs die. One of old age and one randomly of a stoke.

Fortunately I don't feel empathy. Everyone else was crying though. Until then I didn't realize how most people value other living beings.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I had to put down one of my dogs a couple of years ago because it turned really vicious and brutally attacked my other dog. Then in the past two years I've had two dogs die. One of old age and one randomly of a stoke.

Fortunately I don't feel empathy. Everyone else was crying though. Until then I didn't realize how most people value other living beings.

I fucking KNEW you were a psychopath. I don't mean that in a malicious way, but then again I guess you wouldn't care if I did.

Sorry to hear about your cat Robby. I've got two cats, they're not exactly friendly but I'll miss them when they go.

Dan

Contributor

...Are there not dog borstals in India? I'm more empathetic toward animals than humans merely because animals are much more defenceless.

But yeah, I have two Shih-Tzu's and they're awesome. I can't stand thinking about that day.

Robby

Los Doyers!

This cat was like a family member. Had her since I was 5. I'm not sure if that sounds weird to you or not but I grew up with this cat and she would always sleep in my bed and just chill with the family in the living room so when she died, it was like losing a sister for me.