• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo 3 Disc Read Errors Ahoy

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
4pFTW.jpg

Experiencing problems with your copy of Halo 3? Don't worry, it's not just you - hundreds of other gamers are experiencing issues as well. Reports from the official Bungie forums are coming in with users complaining about disc read errors, system lockups, and even the dreaded red rings of death.

Right now it is unknown if the majority of these reports are related to the 360 hardware itself - or the Halo 3 game disc. Whatever the case may be, a whole heck of a lot of people are having problems with the game. Hopefully Microsoft and Bungie will release an official statement on the issue soon and clear up the concerns.

"Cannot read Disk" [Bungie.net]

J

Junit

tbh , i get some freezes when loading a map in co-op but nothing else.. and i got limited

Tenshigami

I don't have a 360, but I'm pretty sure a RRoD can't be caused by a game itself. The RRoD occurances are actually probably coming about because some people haven't gone out of the house since launch and they overheated their consoles. XD

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
freezes, i haven't got when playing co-op mode. But 2 second slow down whenever cortona appears in the screen.

I think that happens to everyone, probably. Happens to me too.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
I think that happens to everyone, probably. Happens to me too.

Mine hasn't frozen at all. which is kinda funny actually, cause I've been waiting for it to freeze. XD

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Mine hasn't frozen at all. which is kinda funny actually, cause I've been waiting for it to freeze. XD

No, I meant the slight slowdown before Cortana talks 'n' such.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer