• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Handed out my resignation at QJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

elite

Oldie moldie
Today, I resigned at QJ due to the unequivocal stupid administration which had half a brain. Day after day, I felt like a robot at QJ. Banning spammers, deleting threads, etc... As if you're living in a desert without any kind of a resource for survival.

There was no consideration to the end user opinion. If you say to the admin "Let's open a feedback thread", they'd say "We don't want spam holes". Just look at the current theme, look at how people are visiting QJ like robots only checking one single thread and going off. It hurt the staff. Even more important, it hurt the community.

QJ died when the administration shifted to Valiant. QJ died when the awesome old staff resigned. And now, QJ dies when administration fails to comply with the users' and moderators' ambitions. I handed out my resignation after a long discussion/struggle with the administrators. I had to make sure that there is not a tiny bit of hope left. And yes, there was none.

I couldn't stand anymore witnessing the forced destruction of QJ while handcuffed. Let the administration bury QJ's own tomb by their hands. I don't want to be a part of it, neither are the rest of the mods that are going to resign.

It feels good to be 100% back to this site. I hope the next days will be of great joy. I'm sorry if I was a little late on resignation, do accept my apologies. :)

If you really want to see what happened backstage. Check this out. I am making the threads posted there public since people should really know that there are scumbags running the QJ forums.

EDIT: Also, I got banned.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I know when it originally shifted hands from QJ I was asked to stay on, even though I was in the process of creating M for Mature with other admins. QJ didn't care much about the forums either, them simply saying that it didn't get enough traffic and wasn't worth their time. When we created M for Mature stayed at QJ to help them transition but the second the new ownership took control they wanted a bit too much out of me (update forum software, change this and that) and with no compensation. I find that most sites could give a crap about their forums, they only pay attention to portions of the site that make money...

Adiuvo

Glad to hear you've moved on. I'm surprised the site is even still up, honestly.

El Diablo

After that harley dude started posted there I've checked QJ maybe once a week since then. It's sad really. The only threads are news by the QJ Bot with 0 posts in them spamming up the new posts button. Seriously like 20 or the 25 new posts are just those threads or whatever it shows there. Then there's one thread I've seen a few posts in which is that ps3 game sharing thread, and the rest are other empty threads. There's nothing going on there and it seems like 5 people max visit the forums.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I couldn't stand anymore witnessing the forced destruction of QJ while handcuffed. Let the administration bury QJ's own tomb by their hands. I don't want to be a part of it, neither are the rest of the mods that are going to resign.
It's like 2008 all over again. We all know where you're coming from (to an extent anyways..).

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Wow. Those admins are idiots.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Just went on there again, it's soooo bad... New Posts had like no relevance.
Also them saying you should post in the QJ Bot threads - that's hardly a moderators job. If it were an active forum users would be starting those discussions. The way the gaming news is done here is excellent.
I miss the good old QJ days when it was super active. I posted so much... My posts per day is still above 2, even though I only have 6 posts since November 2008 - used to have 30 posts per day :p

El Diablo

Lol, I thought that game sharing thread started off as a way for people to share games with each other for free to play things you didn't have and wanted to try, and that someone else wanted to try something of yours, now it just looks like they are all trying to sell their shares for games or something?

The whole forum is pretty laughable now sadly, we should just forget it exists anymore since it pretty much doesn't.

And yeah Xando I'm still at 1.88 posts per day :p.

elite

Oldie moldie
Here's hoping for the other moderators to resign, it would be devastating. The actual visitors now for QJ are only game sharers. Nothing more, nothing less.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I've been reading up on this (out of curiosity) because I never really knew what drove the Abe, Neil and everyone else to create MfM (which is where I met everyone). I was never a real user @ QJ.net and I hated going there because most posters in news topic were, on the most part, absolute morons.

After reading up on what you've uploaded I can clearly tell what's been going on and I now have an idea of why the guys left.

Also to the admins: Doesn't it boost your ego to know that even after 5 years, you're still revered as the best QJ ever had? :p

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
It's fucking to look at QJs stats on Alexa.com. They just sliiiide downwards.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I can't believe we're still talking about that place.

Most of us try not to but alas QJ is like herpes; just when you think it's all clear it comes back and bites you in the nads.

Harleymandvdson

I never thought this would happen but I also resigned. The administrators were stubborn and refused to at least think about cleaning up the website. Ha I guess you guys were right after all. So now i'm moving to this website lol.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I never thought this would happen but I also resigned. The administrators were stubborn and refused to at least think about cleaning up the website. Ha I guess you guys were right after all. So now i'm moving to this website lol.

Be welcome then xD

elite

Oldie moldie
They IP banned me too, but I got alot of other IPs... xD

Nice to see you here Harley. I thought for a second that you will let me down, but you didn't! I appreciate that. Now only nickxab left active in moderation. I'll convince him.

Status
Not open for further replies.