• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

HDMI sound settings on new TV with PS3

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Yeah, I just got a new TV. Sony Bravia KDL32EX403. I hooked it up to the PS3 via HDMI and I reset the PS3's (Slim) video output settings and it detected that it was now transmitting via HDMI cable.

I used to have it running on a small 17" CRT box thing but after playing some games just to check out how it works with the new TV (1080p) I noticed that the sound quality isn't as good as what it was on the CRT (not a well known brand, supermarket quality at around

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
What are some of the options that you have?
Just trying around until you find something that sounds great, works too.

shikamaru

On Auto, it gives me: Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch, Linear PCM 2 ch 44.1 kHz, Linear PCM 2 ch 48 kHz

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
That's the proper setting. Most TV's haven't advanced much in terms of speaker-quality over the years. You really only need a stereo outputted to your TV since it probably can't take advantage of the 5 channels (it may emulate 5 channels, so if it does, then stick with it). Aside from that, the only thing that you could really do to improve the sound quality would be to buy a separate speaker system

shikamaru

It's okay, fixed it by ticking Dolby Digital Plus