• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Headphone Thread

angelsniper45

damn x3!!!
for 650 that would last me my whole life. Are they sound cancelling to?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
damn x3!!!
for 650 that would last me my whole life. Are they sound cancelling to?

No, they are open cans (better for sound quality), so outside noises are not suppressed at all. This also means anyone nearby can hear what you're listening to, even at a low volume. I only wear these at home though, so I have no qualms about this.

d1ddy

I ordered a pair of HD-650s a couple days ago. Should get them in a week or so, can't wait. Suffice to say I probably won't be getting any new headphones for a very long time.. these cost me $319 (which is quite a bargain actually, they cost $500 regular).

2988205918_cae8eb9f0f.jpg

hd650.jpg

THOSE LOOK SOOO RAPE MAYNE . but $320 on headphones , i could of easily think of better things to spend it on :p

angelsniper45

yea x3, how do you afford all this? 0_o

i wanna know your secret!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
you know its true ,

Indeedy.. in fact that's the real reason I bought these headphones in the first place, gives me quite the edge in CS:S matches. Can hear my opponents footsteps meters away. :w00t:

Nah just kidding xD I actually run a web design company with a friend. To be honest, it took me awhile to save up for these, but audio gear is one of my favorite hobbies - second to gaming - so I can justify spending this much, even if it means cutting down on other stuff. Good thing I don't have a girlfriend right now otherwise I'd be broke. :laugh:

angelsniper45

Bahahaha x3 thats the only thing keeping me from getting a psp3k.

angelsniper45

Excact same. Shes a general in cock of doody 4. Hahahaha

RoBz

sucker
Those HD-650's look sweet.

All my headphones/earbuds are broken these days, need to fork up some cash for new ones soon.

d1ddy

Those HD-650's look sweet.

All my headphones/earbuds are broken these days, need to fork up some cash for new ones soon.

at least you dont have ipod headphones that been through the washer and dryer :p

Attachments

• IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    468.8 KB · Views: 40

dan1901

hi guys i bought some bose in ear headphones and the sound on them are wicked the bace on them are very good the bace do all lov frequencies also

RoBz

sucker
at least you dont have ipod headphones that been through the washer and dryer :p

Hah, mine didn't make it that far...
hi guys i bought some bose in ear headphones and the sound on them are wicked the bace on them are very good the bace do all lov frequencies also
Bose tend to be fairly expensive and not entirely worth all the money you spend on them, they are good ear phones though.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah Bose are decent but somewhat overpriced, when compared to the sound quality of other headsets. Anyone really into audio will tell you this. Though they are still far better than most, you pay for the name, basically. The higher-end Shure inner-ear phones are a great alternative.

Same goes for the full-size Bose headphones. I believe their top model costs almost as much as my HD-650s, but the 650s are in an entirely different league. When paired with a decent amp, these headphones rival $5k speakers systems in terms of overall sound reproduction. Hence why a lot of studios use them for mastering music.

angelsniper45

What kind of amp are we talking about?