• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Hellcat Recovery help

bugcatchers

Ok um.. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
I'm super new to the world of ~play station~, and I got a PSP 1000 a few weeks ago.
I want to set up CFW on it so I followed a tutorial: http://www.trickyways.com/2009/10/how-to-install-custom-firmware-cfw-on-psp-1000phat-2000slim/
Everything seemed to be going well until I got to the Hellcat section.
The link for the recovery flasher on that site is down so I downloaded off somewhere else. (I think it was the latest version.. 1.60?)

When I tried and run hellcat for the first time, the first thing I noticed was that a background didn't appear when I left the screen on the icon. When I tried to run it, the screen went to the psp colourful animated screen, which, when I looked at a youtube video, is what should have happened. However, for me, the PSP just freezes on this screen for a while and then turns off. When I turn it back on and try to run hellcat, it says the file is corrupt.
I've run chickhen and I'm sure it's installed properly. If I run it again than I can go to the first time running hellcat-where it freezes.
I have no clue what to do about this and unfortunately my friends don't know what to do about this problem.
uhh
so I hope someone can help
And apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place or if this problem has been answered previously

january39

eXo Staff
Welcome, to exophase

You made sure your FW was at 5.03? as Chickhen will only run on that.

HellCat is the dev who made the app, i assume you are referring to the recovery flasher? Hellcat is best placed to answer and i am sure he will pick it up shortly.

Btw we have a Faqs & guides section, get the guides you need here and also re d/l all the apps from our downloads section.

bugcatchers

Yes, it's 5.03. And sorry;; wasn't sure what to shorten the name down to haha. Yes, I mean the app.

Thank you :) I'll have a look at the guides while I wait.

Hellcat

Contributor
Hm, just freezing and crashing after the PSP gameboot is weird, indeed looks like it's something wrong with the HEN or maybe the EBOOT is indeed currupted.... hard to tell out of the blue.
Maybe the MS has a probelm.... reason are so numerous....

Anyway, just for the case, here's another set of d/l links:
Recovery Flasher 1.60: click
500.PBP: click

If that fails, copy the content of your MS to your PC and reformat the MS (via the PSP's format option) and then copy only the required things back and try then.

bugcatchers

I think it must've been a problem with the previous chickHEN I had before because I downloaded a new one and it worked fine.
I think it's all set up now (a little bit unsure because I can't get an emulator to work..). Thank you very much for your help!

EDIT: Everything is working perfectly fine now! :)