• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Help me bring my portfolio into reality!

Vee

Could someone help me code this:
inkinclayout.jpg

Moose

Meta Moose
Could someone help me code this:
[qimg]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1549/inkinclayout.jpg[/qimg]

Could I ask, if you plan on offering professional services such as making peoples dreams a reality, then shouldn't you learn how to do all of this stuff yourself?

I don't mean to beat down on you at all, I'm just concerned to be honest. :p

eighty4

yoursam did a damn great job with my little site! even if its not totally done yet.

MaDSouL - music

You could edit your site to make it show little music bars below it, and you'd be able to play the song before downloading, and tons of other things. I'll show you a preview of what it could look like when I get home.

Vee

Could I ask, if you plan on offering professional services such as making peoples dreams a reality, then shouldn't you learn how to do all of this stuff yourself?

I don't mean to beat down on you at all, I'm just concerned to be honest. :p

That organisation doesn't offer web development, only print solutions. So i need a quick site set up, so that i can direct traffic to it.

I'm learning myself how to do it, but i've already got customers that want to see a homepage.

Thanks ilyace!

eldiablov

Contributor
I'm learning myself how to do it, but i've already got customers that want to see a homepage.

So you're asking someone to do this for you while you make money off the back of it? Is that honestly what you're saying?

Vee

So you're asking someone to do this for you while you make money off the back of it? Is that honestly what you're saying?

What? Since when did money come into the equation?

I'm asking if someone could please make a front page, whilst i learn how to do it. Members here are already helping code people's portfolios which would end up earning them money and they haven't got a problem with that.

Like i already said, i'm not earning money off the website.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
What? Since when did money come into the equation?

I'm asking if someone could please make a front page, whilst i learn how to do it. Members here are already helping code people's portfolios which would end up earning them money and they haven't got a problem with that.

Like i already said, i'm not earning money off the website.

You said "customers" want to see the front page...how is that not including money into the equation...

Deniux

If you have costumers you have money and you don't want to spend it on paying someone to code your homepage so you got here to get it coded for free.

By the way there are several things about your homepage that people won't like and that won't help people find their way around the site. This is your first try of making a Business like this one? Because from your design I see no experience, no offense but there are better web designers out there why they should pick you? (that was a hint on how to make your site better)

Vee

You said "customers" want to see the front page...how is that not including money into the equation...
Sometimes i do get paid yeah, but i'm not trying to make money from the person coding the site, i'm just asking for a favour.
If you have costumers you have money and you don't want to spend it on paying someone to code your homepage so you got here to get it coded for free.

By the way there are several things about your homepage that people won't like and that won't help people find their way around the site. This is your first try of making a Business like this one? Because from your design I see no experience, no offense but there are better web designers out there why they should pick you? (that was a hint on how to make your site better)

Its not that i wont pay, i will. If someone makes it and i'm pleased with it, by all means i will pay them for their hard work.

Why is it that every time i upload something to this site, i get a million and one people insulting me about it? That was a quick draft of an idea i had, it isn't a demonstration of how good I am at photoshop, its just a funky layout that i want to use right now whilst i'm learning to code.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Sometimes i do get paid yeah, but i'm not trying to make money from the person coding the site, i'm just asking for a favour.

Its not that i wont pay, i will. If someone makes it and i'm pleased with it, by all means i will pay them for their hard work.

Why is it that every time i upload something to this site, i get a million and one people insulting me about it? That was a quick draft of an idea i had, it isn't a demonstration of how good I am at photoshop, its just a funky layout that i want to use right now whilst i'm learning to code.

In all honesty the layout looks interesting but when you get to functionality and navigation it is hell, the crumpled paper ruins the text readability and overall depreciates the page IMO - clean design, no messy graphics behind text!

Vee

In all honesty the layout looks interesting but when you get to functionality and navigation it is hell, the crumpled paper ruins the text readability and overall depreciates the page IMO - clean design, no messy graphics behind text!

Fair enough, thanks for the input. Like i said earlier, it was an early layout. I'm not really looking to make the perfect layout. I just wanted something simple for now, that would link all the pages together. Thanks for the input though, i'm going to make another one.

ilyace

How are you doing that? I could make a fantastic layout based around that, i just have no idea how to get that coding nailed. Any help matey?

Get me the psd and I can help you out...but tbh the pic you posted earlier seems hellish to code :confused:

A_Nub

Developer
Looks easy to code IMO, I could even get some cool animations with the proper art work.

I am still willing to help, just present me with a nice looking design. I will not work on bad designs. (up to my discretion).

Vee

Alright, is there an restrictions as to what i can't do with a layout? I could make something quite extravagant, but i'm worried it wont be able to be coded.

James.

User Not Found
How are you doing that? I could make a fantastic layout based around that, i just have no idea how to get that coding nailed. Any help matey?
I'd give you the psd, but I lost it in an upgrade. Sorry :(
Go ahead and look at the code if you want, it's v. messy though

A_Nub

Developer
Vee, I can do almost anything, but flash, I have not spent the time to learn that. Vee, if you plan on using this for anything other than strictly personal use, IE a portfolio, then I will charge, Since this is a community I will keep the price extremely low. Just depends on the project, but all < $100, unless it calls for more than just html/css.