• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[help me!!!] I need to get m33

Xsizo

hello

I have upgraded my PSP to 4.01 from the the psp site (not m33) and then m33 came and I tried to run it but it doesn't work!:w00t::w00t:

this is what I did:
-I updated my PSP from the psp site
-then after a day I discovered the 4.01 m33
- downloaded it and watching 566789096 videos from youtube how to run it..
-I followed whats in the read me.txt (the first step[main steps you know what I mean?])
-THEN!:crying: I get this message "The game could not be started ( 80020148 )

So can anyone help me?!

Please..

Jake

To get custom firmware (m33) you will need a pandora battery and magic memory stick. You cannot go from sony firmware to custom firmware without these.
You should start out by looking at this thread.

Xsizo

well is that link it says

Requirements

* A working, homebrew-capable PSP running at least 3.X OE / M33
to mka that battery I dot have a CFW thats my problem.

thanks for answer I hope ou will answer more!

Jake

You can buy pandora batterys, they can be called "tool" batteries . If you can't buy one, it is possible to make one without a cfw psp. You have to open up a battery and cut a very small pin off one of the chips in the battery. This is quite delicate work and may need a soldering iron.

Also this is not easily reversible(you need to re solder the pin) which means you will not be able to use the battery as a normal one.

Xsizo

You can buy pandora batterys, they can be called "tool" batteries . If you can't buy one, it is possible to make one without a cfw psp. You have to open up a battery and cut a very small pin off one of the chips in the battery. This is quite delicate work and may need a soldering iron.

Also this is not easily reversible(you need to re solder the pin) which means you will not be able to use the battery as a normal one.

Do you think that these batteries are sold here in Kuwait ?
caan you give me a picture? :D
thanks man!

Jake

I don't know if you can get them in Kuwait.
Ill take one of my hardmodded battery and upload it soon, or you could google: "pandora battery hard mod" (no quotes).
In the future only make one thread to ask for help, it saves confusion.:smile:

EDIT: Here is a pic of the pin i had to remove from a fat(original) psp battery
small.jpg

Xsizo

omg that soo small.
btw I asked my friend who was in sony store thy said that they dont sell these batteies
Sooo sad I dont know what to do :(

Xsizo

I can't buy these batteries, because I live in kuwait.
I can't makes them because I made a stupid mistake (upgrading to the OFW not the CFW).

Jake

Dont be hard on yourself you cant upgrade from ofw to cfw without a pandora battery.
Does you friend sell slim psp batteries because you can hardmod them into a pandora one, its just a slightly different process.