• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Homebrew Game Creation

pydy

Welcome
That would be my question to how I can make your own homebrew games and starving what programs are needed?

Thank you in advance for answers

Hellcat

Contributor
Pretty much all you need is the PSPSDK from ps2dev.org.

Grab it from their SVN and install it on Linux or a cygwin environment on Windows.
There's also a lot of pre-compiled packages floating around the net you can use.

Once you got it installed you have all the tools you need and some samples that should get you started.

Of course you already need some C/C++ experience on the PC or similar.

pydy

Pretty much all you need is the PSPSDK from ps2dev.org.

Grab it from their SVN and install it on Linux or a cygwin environment on Windows.
There's also a lot of pre-compiled packages floating around the net you can use.

Once you got it installed you have all the tools you need and some samples that should get you started.

Of course you already need some C/C++ experience on the PC or similar.

The site I have visited but PSPSDK and what would Cygwin to download it because I do not know "file missing" :S

C + + experience, it is now, fortunately:)

Hellcat

Contributor
Uhm.... come again?

Sorry, I really tried, but I failed to make out what you're trying to tell me....

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Uhm.... come again?

Sorry, I really tried, but I failed to make out what you're trying to tell me....

I really think he's using google translate to write in English. :\

I think he meant that he tried downloading cygwin and the PSPSDK but he kept getting a file missing error and that this is his first time working with C/C++

Spiros

Maiki
ok, for beginning, is easy to use this
MinPSPW Project

Thanks for that, for a long time I've been using cygwin with the psptoolchain. I just updated my laptop HDD and decided to do a fresh install of Windows, so I was looking for something like this. I installed it, although I haven't tried compiling anything yet but I'm sure it'll work fine.

Just one question: is there any disadvantage to using this(MinPSPW) compared to using cygwin with the psptoolchain?

Slasher

Suck It
The only disadvantage you have is using Windows

Pretty sure Cygwin is meant for windows as well...

From what I can tell, there's no real disadvantage to using this alternative native win32 port of the toolchain. It's what I'm now using actually because I really couldn't be bothered to instal cygwin & the toolchain since it takes so damn long