• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Homebrew Not Showing Up

dennis96411

My friend had custom firmware on his PSP [he's a noob, I put it on there for him], all fine, and then one day he bought a game, and he upgraded his CFW PSP to OFW. I put custom firmware back on, and I think the UMD somehow messed up his GAME and GAME5XX folder [as described in CFW folder blocker]. I cannot see any of the homebrews he had, and tried various method of trying to get it to show up.

* Used Windows's built-in check disk
* Formatted Memory Stick
* Copying new homebrews

Still nothing. Please help!

UPDATE: OK, I'm thinking about low-level formatting the Memory Stick, but is it safe? Please help!

january39

eXo Staff
Have you reset the flash1? Although on a CFW install it should reformat all the flash drives.

dennis96411

Have you reset the flash1? Although on a CFW install it should reformat all the flash drives.

When I reinstalled CFW on his PSP using my Pandora Battery, it should have formatted flash1 and overwritten it with the settings it had. Wow I'm guessing Sony won this round. Sony - 1 ; Homebrew Community - 1337

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
even in ofw, homebrew should still appear under the ms, i doubt sony did anything magical to stop homebrew if you've got cfw on his psp, i'd recommend a format of the ms(backup any saves/photo's/(w/e)), and in the settings tab on the psp, format the ms.

dennis96411

even in ofw, homebrew should still appear under the ms, i doubt sony did anything magical to stop homebrew if you've got cfw on his psp, i'd recommend a format of the ms(backup any saves/photo's/(w/e)), and in the settings tab on the psp, format the ms.
New UMD games seems to have an anti-piracy feature that messes, or hides GAME, GAME5XX, ISO folder from the PSP. I don't know how. And weird, formatting with the PSP seemed to work. Formatting with my computer doesn't work at all. Weird. Does the PSP low-level format the Memory Stick?

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Rockband deleted the GAME folder when the ISO was leaked causng havoc to many early pirates. This game could be similar.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
New UMD games seems to have an anti-piracy feature that messes, or hides GAME, GAME5XX, ISO folder from the PSP. I don't know how. And weird, formatting with the PSP seemed to work. Formatting with my computer doesn't work at all. Weird. Does the PSP low-level format the Memory Stick?

the psp doesn't do anything more low-level than a pc format AFAIK, however the format from the psp well create the folder structure for you, where a wipe on the pc well just leave it blank, my only assumption of why it didn't work for you when u did it on the pc was somewhere along the path of: X:/PSP/GAME u misspelled one of the words, or something

wizarddoctor

Belgian PSP Master
Have you tried reflashing already? Or going to 5.50 Prometheus v5 or something like that?