• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Homework

Mave Zero

I'm finding myself doing less and less homework now that it's my senior year, and I can't seem to bring myself to do it anymore. It's not that I don't care about the class; I just don't want to do it. Sometimes it's just procrastinating, but sometimes it's understanding the material. If I understand Calculus like the back of my hand, I don't see the point in doing eight hundred problems every night.

Any other thoughts about homework? :)

Zx30

Beto
I'm actually the same way. I use to make excellent grades while I was younger. But I noticed as I grew older, my grades weren't as awesome as they once were. I use to have all A's, then went to all A/B's, and now it's A/B/C's. School just pisses me off sometimes. Making us learn things we don't care about. But that doesn't mean I'll stop going to school. I've already got it in my mind that I want to finish school. All the way up to a Masters Degree.
Same with homework as well. I either never did it in my senior year or if I did, I'd do it the very last minute....or copy off someone else.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
All I can say is just do it and get it over with. I've been one who always completes his homework and feel bad if I didn't do something that was due. Don't not do it just because you understand the material, do it for the grade - that is the most important thing and you'll realize that once you advance past high school, grades are very important (although there's less homework :) )

Moose

Meta Moose
Stop spending so much time on your 360... sometimes homework is more important than Gamerscore.

Hehe, just kidding.

Adiuvo

I still typically do all of my homework. In some classes the extra practice is needed, in some it isn't. Some of my teachers never collect, like my math teacher, but I end up doing it in class anyways.

It does at the very least reaffirm what you're learning. Then again, 800 problems is overkill.

Dan

Contributor
I used to do basically 100% of my homework. Now i'm doing GCSE classes, i cba to be honest. Before, it was constantly " If you don't do your homework you get a demerit/debit point " but now, that isn't really the case.

My grades used to be A's/A*'s but now they've dropped to D's MINIMUM.

In a few classes, like Adiuvo, i do my homework either in the class without the teacher knowing, or in form registration time. The teachers hardly ever collect it in though.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Lol. I've always been good at school, doing all my homework, getting A's and B's; but now that I'm in college, and the threat of a 'Detention' isn't there, theres no motive to do it. I'm still getting on fine in my subjects, but it's just I get a guilty feeling that I should make the effort to do it anyway. Seems like the hard-working part of me has taken a holiday.

CASHMON3Y

I havent done homework my whole life. Ive skimmed past every class with a barely passing grade. The problem is that theres no real motivation for me, if I can still pass a class, why waste time doing more work? After high school im not planning on being a [Insert long job title here]. Right now I have a 1.998 GPA. I don't think I could ever bring myself to do homework again. I hate it though, because all I do is worry what will happen next class if i dont do say a project. Actually today was a good example, I havent done anything in English this whole year, and monday my teacher decides that if we dont have EVERY assignment in by thursday we get saturday schools. So of course being me I don't do anything until the day of, after school. I did it in another class and then turned it in. Barely. Im glad she threatened us with that, I actually work harder if theres a punishment for not doing the work.

eighty4

Homework was useless to me. It counted as 5% of the grade in all my classes or it became to the point where my "homework" was just easy stuff I did at the end of the day.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I'm finding myself doing less and less homework now that it's my senior year, and I can't seem to bring myself to do it anymore. It's not that I don't care about the class; I just don't want to do it. Sometimes it's just procrastinating, but sometimes it's understanding the material. If I understand Calculus like the back of my hand, I don't see the point in doing eight hundred problems every night.

Any other thoughts about homework? :)

I feel ya man. I'm in my Senior year too and I find myself doing less homework as well. I mean, I'll do it, but it's either shit or half way done. My grades aren't that much lower either, kind of shows that homework is not always needed for success.

Sullivan

My english class has been that hardest this whole year, we have some lady who thinks since shes a Katrina Victim she has every right to talk down on us.

Moca

I do my homework so that I can be the best in all of all of my classes. Despite how small of a percent that homework counts towards my class, I feel that it is very important. It allows you apply your knowledge of the coursework to something that counts towards your grade, and it forces you to learn certain things that you may not have covered in class. It's also very easy in most cases.

ilyace

I hate homework, but I have to do it. I really never do my English homework (at home), and 2 of my friends in that class don't either, so we're in the library every other day (block schedule). But most of my teachers are pretty lenient with homework. I have always and always will do math and science homework, I do history while playing cs:s lol, and spanish is too easy to not do.

Besides english and spanish, I feel really guilty or weird when I don't do my homework.

Ah homework... Yeah I have to do mine always. If I don't then I end up feeling like shit because I'm missing out on a better grade. My main problem in school would be my schedule. I always get my job mixed up in the mix and that causes me to miss school sometimes.

Sullivan

I think I have the easiest school schedule. I have my 8 classes split between two days, so on my A day I go to classes 1-4 and on my B day I go to classes 5-8. It makes it really easy to work on things and gives you so much more time in classes each day. Each class is 1 1/2 hours long. Is anyone else like this?

Working 8 hours a day makes it a bit tougher to have a perfect schedule. It's still manageable but it's not fun at all.

Nimsical

Hi, I'm Nima
I think I have the easiest school schedule. I have my 8 classes split between two days, so on my A day I go to classes 1-4 and on my B day I go to classes 5-8. It makes it really easy to work on things and gives you so much more time in classes each day. Each class is 1 1/2 hours long. Is anyone else like this?

So you're in a one semester scheduled school, that's a shocker...no where else in the world follows that routine.
I hope you felt the sarcasm in that statement.

But that's not the point of me responding, I'm responding to ask you one single question:
How did your reply have remotely anything to do with the topic, which frankly was about getting your self to do homework not find the time to do it?