• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Hot Shots Golf 5 Requires Mandatory 5GB HDD Install

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hotshots2.jpg

Thought this install game to hard drive business was only limited to Capcom titles? Think again.

According to PS3Fanboy's hands-on preview session of upcoming PS3 title Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds, the game requires you to install nearly 5GB of data to the PS3's hard drive before playing - just like Lost Planet and Devil May Cry 4.

This really isn't a trend I'd like to see continuing. Six games would nearly fill up a 40GB HD. Sure, we could all go out and buy 120GB drives... but for what? Marginally better load times? If it was optional to install to HDD this wouldn't be an issue.

PS3 Fanboy hands-on: Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds
[PS3Fanboy]

jalaldevil

HDD

So what will happen for those that don't even have a hard disk, they'll have unplayable games ?

Damn you PS3, now we got a big weakness against Xbox360. :blushing:

Richlando

Don't have a HDD? What's the point of that? Would it even run without the HDD? Ok..

On a lighter note I have been, as always, playing Oblivion and I have the Shivering Isles disc and I had switched to the original disc after playing some other game.When i went to play later on I put the Shivering Isles disc in and the game said I needed to install 3GB's more to play..wtf? I had already installed 5 1/2 for it in the first place..so I had to reboot and eventually decided to delete the Game Data for UT3 to free up the space..needless to say I was pissed because of this..

I hope that HDD installs aren't becoming the norm because even the load times aren't signifigantly better.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
yea,load times for devil may cry on my 360 were alright...very fast i would say....some even as fast as SNES i would say :p

but would i choose to take up so much space just for slightly better load times?...nah