• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to get my disc tray working again

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
So my 360 just decided that it will stop spinning discs when I put them in the tray. It's been bad for awhile, usually I had to take out and put in discs 2-3 times to get them to start, but now it flat out wont spin them at all. Is there some kind of solution or do I have to send it in to MS? Im still under warranty I'd just rather fix it now (without voiding the warranty) then waiting for like 2 months to get it fixed

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I had to send in my first Elite because the DVD drive shit the bed. I don't think there is much you can do to be honest.

If you get it started again, maybe use that time to install whatever you are playing to your HD.

The repair service is pretty quick now.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well send it in to MS. It should take around 2-3 weeks at most from the time you shipped it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea the shipping has improved. I'm from California and I sent out my xbox on Friday afternoon, they got it yesterday and this morning I got the email saying they repaired it and are shipping it back.

Cryox

Bro.
Yea the shipping has improved. I'm from California and I sent out my xbox on Friday afternoon, they got it yesterday and this morning I got the email saying they repaired it and are shipping it back.

hah, yeah exactly the same here, they just received it yesterday or something, not sure if it is done yet. can't wait to play xbox again. Haven't for several months now...:bored:

Cryox

Bro.
nice. if it stops working again, just send it in. The service is a lot faster now. I sent my box in Friday, and i will be getting it back either next Monday or Tuesday.