• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How well do you have your steak??

Mave Zero

I prefer medium or medium well, but I don't mind eating anything lower than that. I was at a restaurant the other day for my god brother's birthday, and they brought out different kinds of meat and cut pieces off of a giant chunk and served it for you there. Lots of the meat was rare and medium rare, but I didn't mind.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I've tried it all. rare isn't done enough. well done can be too dry.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Actually, this thread made me think of an interesting question. Have you guys ever tried having it any other way than your preferred? Or did you just decide upon your preferred way and stuck to it?

Before, I went with mid well. Now, I am mid rare.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Medium well. I like it so that it's cooked to be completely light brown, with maybe a tiny little bit of pink in the middle.

Chathurga

I order well done when I'm out (usually in a foreign style restaurant) because well done actually means a step or two below usually.
My parents burns steak at home to a crisp, it makes me sad.

I order well done when I'm out (usually in a foreign style restaurant) because well done actually means a step or two below usually.
My parents burns steak at home to a crisp, it makes me sad.

Yep... I feel ya.

Medium well for me, it's all I ever order because that's what tastes best to me.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I honestly have trouble chewing a piece of well done steak down. I can't do it.

Here's another question for you steak lovers out there. Do you use a steak sauce or do you just have it plain with some pre-cook seasoning like a dry rub?

I personally would never use a steak sauce and prefer a nice dry rub prior to grilling at home.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I personally would never use a steak sauce and prefer a nice dry rub prior to grilling at home.
Same here though I sometimes like to let it soak in a beer marinade instead/also.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I have it plain, unless the steak sux, then the steak sauce is to cover up the taste.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I dont eat it anymore.

But when I did, I also had a hard time chewing well done steak. but I couldn't have it less then well done cause the pink in the middle and the red stuff oozing from it freaked me out, and I couldn't swallow (no homo) thinking about it. If i was blindfolded maybe.

Also I was not a big fan of steak sauce.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus

Here's another question for you steak lovers out there. Do you use a steak sauce or do you just have it plain with some pre-cook seasoning like a dry rub?

I do both mostly. I love mine with caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms, with a rich veal jus. Goddamn, i am hungry...

twelve

I'm not dead
Actually, this thread made me think of an interesting question. Have you guys ever tried having it any other way than your preferred? Or did you just decide upon your preferred way and stuck to it?
I used to have it well done and then one day my dad cooked me a steak that was medium rare and that's how I've had it since.

Sullivan

I love when my dad cooks steaks. I like it better when steak is home cooked instead of someone at a restaurant, if you do it yourself, you take more time with it and cook it better in my point of view. And its a lot cheaper, we usually get the best cut from Sams Club and eat that. We got some Omaha steaks a while back. Those were ok, not the best.

user friendly

Yep, a properly cooked steak does not need sauce, just a dry rub.

I cook steak at least once a week and this is pretty much exactly how I do it. I cook mine about a minute longer depending on the thickness but anything over medium rare for me is ruined.

twelve

I'm not dead

I tend to have it dry as in nothing at all, not even pre-cook seasoning.

If I'm out at a restaurant tho I quite often have a peppercorn sauce on it.

Other than that English Mustard is great with a steak.