• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[html]Tutorial 1

Darkchild

The Doctor
DARKCHILD'S HTML TUTORIAL LESSON 1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!! Today I am going to teach you HTML!!! :D

First thing about HTML you will have to learn is tags!
Q: What are tags?

A: Tags are these! "<>" between them you put a propriety and it's paramaters!

Example : "<font face="Comic Sans MS" size="7">"

Now...in HTML whatever isn't inside will appear as text and what goes inside tags changes the way your website will look, adds stuff like tables and etc... to your website, and so on..

Now! How does a Hello world look like in html? Simple!

Code:
<html>
     <body>
          Hello world!
     </body>
</html>

If you put this on notepad and save it as an .html file, and then open it with your favourite browser, you will see some text saying "hello World".

now...What is this <html> and etc?

Ok..<Html> is to start the coding of Html itself, every (normal) html start that way with the "HTML" tag

and of course you end it with the "</html>" tag, if you put an "/" in the beginning of a tag the explorer will think that you are ending that tag.

Body...well..starts the body of the HTML, after the body tag, you start putting the images, text and etc...

well then, that's all for today, more after!

Post your questions if you have any!

Roe

Thanks DarhChild I want to know about this. Looking forward to the next one

J

Junit

Yeah Dark , good tutorial .. looking forward to the next one

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I'm pretty good with HTML, it's the one language I know mostly in and out.:smile: Good tut.

nevster

hiya saw this and thought i might post for some help :)

ive created a site for my mrs (this is the second one now) but for some reason its not coming up on any search engines, although i'm sure the meta tags are in the right place, like i said this is the 2nd site ive made for her now and the 1st comes up fine. this is the relevent bit of code you'd need to see i think:

<head>
<title> </title>
<meta name="description" content="this contains about 20 words">
<meta name="keywords" content="limited this to just under 150 chars>

<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {

hope someone can help coz my mrs is about to stab someone if it dont come up soon, and im the closest one to her lol

thanks

Darkchild

The Doctor
the body part is wrong, because the body itself is a tag, with an beginning and an ending like so:

<body> BLABLABLA </body>

you also forgot the HTML tag in the beginning of the HTML file itself and in the end:

<html> htmlcode </html>

putting that aside, yar, it's fine

just another advice, if you are gonna use CSS, put it in an external file, it might get too messy in the actual HTML file to have the CSS AND the data.