• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

I suppose a bunch of people don't know who I am afterthe merge but hey I'm back

Acerthief

university entrance exams are finally over.
done with the life of studying for 15+ hours a day for a school.

Life in Asia. Gotta love it!

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Dunno who you are but since you're staff you must be someone important around here :p

Anyways, welcome back.

Acerthief

Dunno who you are but since you're staff you must be someone important around here :p

Anyways, welcome back.

was a lead mod way way way back
it seems I need a hell lotta catching up to do :p

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
was a lead mod way way way back
it seems I need a hell lotta catching up to do :p

Seems so yeah xD But I'm pretty sure you'll fit right back in.

Are entrance exams that hard in Taiwan? o_O

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Oh look, it's THAT guy.

Just kidding dude. How'd the entrance exams go for you?

Acerthief

Seems so yeah xD But I'm pretty sure you'll fit right back in.

Are entrance exams that hard in Taiwan? o_O

sad thing is, if you don't get into like, the top 3/5 university you might as well get a job at a factory or go serve the army (the population density is so high that being an undergrate gets you nothing). to the generations before (and including) my parents studying is the only thing.

I don't have the friggin guts to tell my family I want to be a pro musician.

Oh look, it's THAT guy.

Just kidding dude. How'd the entrance exams go for you?

It was fine, not as good as I had imagined. Chinese was fcking hard comparing to recent years. Math was abusing. Science was ball kicking. Social was serial killer.
English was nothing.

I finished English in 20mins and they wouldn't let me out. HERE is the test. (pdf)

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
sad thing is, if you don't get into like, the top 3/5 university you might as well get a job at a factory or go serve the army (the population density is so high that being an undergrate gets you nothing). to the generations before (and including) my parents studying is the only thing.

I don't have the friggin guts to tell my family I want to be a pro musician.

It was fine, not as good as I had imagined. Chinese was fcking hard comparing to recent years. Math was abusing. Science was ball kicking. Social was serial killer.
English was nothing.

I finished English in 20mins and they wouldn't let me out. HERE is the test. (pdf)

A part of your test involved a 7 year old's drawing? el oh el

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Congrats on completing the exam, one of my current professors went through it (he's from Taiwan) and really emphasized to us that to do good you'd have to go through university, undergrads, as you said, get factory-level jobs. He's doing well for himself and studied abroad for most of his university life in London and Boston I think. Is music even a subject matter for schools in Taiwan?

The exam parts that you've shown so far (well the parts I can make out) seem to be similar to our own SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) here in the US for college admissions. Although you don't have to do too well on it to get into most state colleges/universities

Acerthief

Congrats on completing the exam, one of my current professors went through it (he's from Taiwan) and really emphasized to us that to do good you'd have to go through university, undergrads, as you said, get factory-level jobs. He's doing well for himself and studied abroad for most of his university life in London and Boston I think. Is music even a subject matter for schools in Taiwan?

The exam parts that you've shown so far (well the parts I can make out) seem to be similar to our own SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) here in the US for college admissions. Although you don't have to do too well on it to get into most state colleges/universities

Thanks frozen.
Yes, music is a subject, and in fact it's one of the three subject (PE and "Nation Defense" class in chinese are the other two) that the government makes schools a "must have" subject in the curriculum. Simply because school don't care about these subjects and rather replace them with language/math/etc.

As for my current progess I'm getting ready for TOEFL within a month and still deciding whether I should take SAT some time in June/July.

Alex

Welcome back dude!!
Things are well different since the merge!