• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

I think im getting a psp again.

Seth

MD Party Room
O how times have changed a few years back I would be helping out in hacking there psp but now I so out of touch on what hackable and what not I need some help.

Im getting a Sony PSP-3000 Limited Edition Gran Turismo and want to know if it hackable or not ?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
O how times have changed a few years back I would be helping out in hacking there psp but now I so out of touch on what hackable and what not I need some help.

Im getting a Sony PSP-3000 Limited Edition Gran Turismo and want to know if it hackable or not ?

Depends on the FW that comes with it.

Until 6.20 it is "hackable" since you can always use Half-Byte to run homebrew.

Perfeect would be a 5.03 PSP.

Seth

MD Party Room
Is Half-Byte something that I have to load every time I start the psp?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Is Half-Byte something that I have to load every time I start the psp?

Yup.

Boot -> Patapon 2 demo -> HBL

Seth

MD Party Room
Does this mean ISO[ I like having a variety to play with me at all times] dont run on this Half-Byte method?

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
no, you cannot run iso games through the hbl.

Seth

MD Party Room
Well looks like the psp is now soldout online, must have been a very hot deal :(

So does this Half-Byte method work just the same on the psp go?

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Well looks like the psp is now soldout online, must have been a very hot deal :(

So does this Half-Byte method work just the same on the psp go?

Yes, the only difficulty you may have is dependent on which FW version you may have.

elite

Oldie moldie
There is a couple of ongoing projects to run ISOs via HBL. I don't know if they would ever succeed though.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i believe woloo is working on a method so homebrew exit back to the menu, so when that's running 100% it'll be excellent on the go since you'll be able to do a savestate and load the homebrew menu anytime you want.

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
I know one project that theres a project that the half byte loader can run ISOs on it but i like to keep it on the down low atm ;) or maybe i'll make a youtube video of it :) if you guys don't mind, but i won't release it of course if you guys want me to or not ;)

Spiros

Maiki
I know one project that theres a project that the half byte loader can run ISOs on it but i like to keep it on the down low atm ;) or maybe i'll make a youtube video of it :) if you guys don't mind, but i won't release it of course if you guys want me to or not ;)

If you make something up, it's always best to stick with one story. First, you heard of it, next you have it.

Just some advise.

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
yeah your right dude, but just to make suggestion about the project but as your trying to tell me one person said they've heard of it then the next day that person haves it and then goes on telling the next person about it. im not sure what im saying its true but i believe its similar to what your saying i think.

If you make something up, it's always best to stick with one story. First, you heard of it, next you have it.

Just some advise.

That guy doesn't exactly have the best grammar to explain what he's saying, but he isn't lieing. There is a Half Byte ISO Loader in beta stages.

elite

Oldie moldie
I meant the ISO loader related projects. Anyways, one of them turned out to be fake.

Moose

Meta Moose
I didn't think anyone bought PSPs these days, they seem to have gone into hiding. I don't remember the last time I even looked at my PSP, must have been at least a year ago. xD