• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
So? I've never read the book so the film was all new to me.

Went and saw it just now. I'm not a fan of Harry Potter but I really enjoyed it. My only complaint is that it was really long. I'm sure they could have condensed parts to make it 2 hours long but then it wouldn't be so good for fans of the book.

It was also on the cover of the book. And most people who have either read the book or have nonetheless have seen the book know that's what it would look like. You would especially recognize that scene assuming you had scene the UK cover which uses that scene.

So yes, it is my fault for going on assumption, but it wasn't an entirely off assumption

Robby

Los Doyers!
I also believe the scene was in the trailer?

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Went to watch harry Potter yesterday, i liked it! 3d effects could of been longer though.

James.

User Not Found
Harry Potter 6 = Let down

They missed a few bits, i really wanted to see [BLACKOUT][BLACKOUT]Dumbledore's Funeral[/BLACKOUT][/BLACKOUT]

Riorio99

2001: A Space Odyssey
A fantastic film if you can sit through the opening. The stargate sequence, HAL slowly turning against the crew, its brilliant, every second.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
I saw Harry Potter this weekend as well, the visual were out-fucking-standing. I really felt that they left out a lot of stuff, and how they played out:
]ron and hermoine's relationship was pretty lame

Then I saw Bruno. That was fucked up. Hilarious, but fucked up.

Scorned

The Thing's movie title reminded me that i actually watched the Blob the other day.

It was, to say the least, very entertaining.

Colm

They missed a few bits, i really wanted to see [BLACKOUT][BLACKOUT]Dumbledore's Funeral[/BLACKOUT][/BLACKOUT]

Aye, I feel the approach to the ending didn't work out, mainly for missing that scene and also because of the absolutely horrible acting of Daniel Radcliffe. I mean, seriously. The ending in the book was able to show Harry's emotions, but the film wasn't, because they were stuck with the same actor for 6 films. He may have been a good choice at film 1 (after all, it was probably hard to find a good child actor for the role), but at film 6, you'd look at it and think that there's probably better actors around.

Other than him, I was actually surprised, the acting seemed to work really well.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
2001: A Space Odyssey
A fantastic film if you can sit through the opening. The stargate sequence, HAL slowly turning against the crew, its brilliant, every second.

I remember renting that movie a couple years ago and I thought we either got the wrong movie, or someone taped over it. 20 minutes of monkeys just jumping around as the intro didn't make too much sense in a futuristic movie

Riorio99

I remember renting that movie a couple years ago and I thought we either got the wrong movie, or someone taped over it. 20 minutes of monkeys just jumping around as the intro didn't make too much sense in a futuristic movie

Yeah, the monkeys at the start are a bit silly, but it plays in with all the philosophical stuff that the film has if you look in to it a little deeper.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Watched Midnight Express and Dog Day Afternoon late last night. If you haven't ever seen them, you're missing out. Highly recommend both.

Scorned

Watched Midnight Express and Dog Day Afternoon late last night. If you haven't ever seen them, you're missing out. Highly recommend both.

The biggest thing I know about the movie Midnight Express is that it's good and it has the song "The Chase" in it (Which was also in GTA: Liberty City Stories). And thats because i love that song.

Ill have to actually jot the movie down to keep myself from forgetting.

xploren

Contributor
Watched two movies within this week.

2001: A Space Odyssey - Watched this one again. One of the strangest and philosophical movies I've ever seen. I loved [BLACKOUT]how smoothly H.A.L. turned its back on the astronauts.[/BLACKOUT] I recommend it.

(500) Days of Summer - It was actually a great movie, albeit a bit cheesy. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel did a fantastic job, and it had me laughing a lot of times. I also recommend this.

Bill