• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Platoon is my favorite Vietnam War era film. I love it.

Yeah it's great. I remember watching it years ago in my 11th grade history class - which was surprising considering how violent it is at times. He was a cool teacher though.

On another note I finally got around to watching 500 Days of Summer last weekend. Very good movie, great acting.

LocutusEstBorg

Can't believe no one has mentioned Citizen Kane. I watched it today and it was really nice. I love movies where they focus on character evolution. However the beginning and ending was really lame, regardless of the message (it must have been something in those days though).

eldiablov

Contributor
25th Hour was great, I really enjoyed it.

Also, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Brilliant movie in my opinion.

Riorio99

Airplane! - Absolute comedy gold. Every actor is on top form, the jokes are, at worst, so bad you laugh any way, and at best, legendary.

"Don't call me Shirley!"

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Airplane! - Absolute comedy gold. Every actor is on top form, the jokes are, at worst, so bad you laugh any way, and at best, legendary.

"Don't call me Shirley!"

The main characters drinking problem is hilarious xD

Recently went and seen Planet 51. It's pretty dam good. Yes, it's a 3d animation film aimed at kids but it's full of stuff for older people as well with references to the alien series, ET, Plan 9 from outer space, The day the Earth stood still and loads of typical 50s B-movies.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Watched the director's cut version of Leon: The Professional today. Amazing film.. I was expecting it to be good but it really took me by surprise. Natalie Portman's performance is stellar, leagues better than what she's done in the past few years. Best child acting I've ever seen in a film, actually.

10/10, I'd put it up there with Godfather and Shawshank Redemption. Can't believe I didn't see it sooner o.o

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Watched the director's cut version of Leon: The Professional today. Amazing film.. I was expecting it to be good but it really took me by surprise. Natalie Portman's performance is stellar, leagues better than what she's done in the past few years. Best child acting I've ever seen in a film, actually.

10/10, I'd put it up there with Godfather and Shawshank Redemption. Can't believe I didn't see it sooner o.o

I knew you'd love it. I saw Heat last night and I can't believe I didn't see it sooner, what a great film.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I knew you'd love it. I saw Heat last night and I can't believe I didn't see it sooner, what a great film.

Heat is a perfect movie. There is nothing wrong with it. Even though it's a bit on the long side, it doesn't feel like it.

They tried to capture what Di Nero and Pacino had in Heat with that recent cop story they were in, but failed miserably.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Just back from seeing Carriers in the cinema and it was...alright.
Quite slowpaced but an interesting concept and I got a L4D2 feel from the enviroment they were in a lot of the time. Before anyone askes or says, no it is not a zombie film. Think 'Outbreak' without the vaccine being developed.

Some disturbing scenes in it but nothing that isn't out of place in a post-apocalyptic setting.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Heat is a perfect movie. There is nothing wrong with it. Even though it's a bit on the long side, it doesn't feel like it.

They tried to capture what Di Nero and Pacino had in Heat with that recent cop story they were in, but failed miserably.

I watched it recently and agree completely. One of the best crime dramas I've ever seen. Films that hit the 3 hour mark tend to bore me but not Heat.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just saw Avatar in 3D... it is an amazing movie. I loved it, really good.

I definitely recommend it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Just saw Avatar in 3D... it is an amazing movie. I loved it, really good.

I definitely recommend it.

I want to check it out in IMAX. I'm not really interested in the movie plot, but more the 3D technology and where Cameron pushed it to.