• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPad Jailbroken in Less Than 24 Hours

eXo

M for Messenger
jailbreak.jpg

With the recent release of Apple's latest device, the iPad, the Jailbreak race is in full swing. There's been a high demand for one, especially since an estimated 700,000 were sold. iPhone-Dev team member, MuscleNerd recently showed off his Jailbroken iPad with comex's "Spirit" exploit (which is yet to be released)[...]

Continue reading: iPad Jailbroken in Less Than 24 Hours...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
one word.

EPIC xD

Robby

Los Doyers!
It is pretty much a jumbo iPod touch so I can't say I didn't see this coming.

Frozty

no wonder their making a new ipad so fast.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

It is pretty much a jumbo iPod touch so I can't say I didn't see this coming.

agreed

MenaceInc

Staff Member
no wonder their making a new ipad so fast.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

agreed

Care to explain?
If you're referring to the Apple event this Thursday then I believe it's related to iPhone OS 4.0, not a new iPad.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Although it was expected at some point, this just opens up the ipad to actually be useful a whole lot sooner

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I think that apple should leave the security open so that jailbreaking can be done. Jailbreaking may just justify the price to people who don't have an iPhone. I mean FFS, it costs more than a netbook.

ilyace

I think that apple should leave the security open so that jailbreaking can be done. Jailbreaking may just justify the price to people who don't have an iPhone. I mean FFS, it costs more than a netbook.

You should really read what you're typing before you post it. That may have been one of the dumbest posts I've read on this forum.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
It's my 2 cents. The iPad is essentially a huge iPod with an equally large price tag. I know apple wouldn't do such a thing but it would be nice if they let they didn't focus too much on patching jailbreaks. Jailbreaks will allow the installation of 3rd party plugins, custom themes (which apple is supposably going to add with the 4.0 update, but of course it won't be free) and other usefull applications. It think that the possibility of jailbreaking the device will sell the iPad to quite a few people. I remember the main reason for me buying an iPod touch back when firmware 1.1.4 was out was for the customize app and getting NES roms.

Next time I'll be elaborate on what I have to say.

TeamOverload

Actually 4.0 will be free. If you buy an iPad you get any minor releases (3.x.x) and the next major release (4.0.x) for free. The giant iTouch argument is flawed too, and that's coming from someone who used to argue the same, but once you play with some of the new apps and see them in action, it's so much more than that.

Moose

Meta Moose
It's my 2 cents. The iPad is essentially a huge iPod with an equally large price tag. I know apple wouldn't do such a thing but it would be nice if they let they didn't focus too much on patching jailbreaks. Jailbreaks will allow the installation of 3rd party plugins, custom themes (which apple is supposably going to add with the 4.0 update, but of course it won't be free) and other usefull applications. It think that the possibility of jailbreaking the device will sell the iPad to quite a few people. I remember the main reason for me buying an iPod touch back when firmware 1.1.4 was out was for the customize app and getting NES roms.

You bought an iPod Touch to play NES ROMs on a touch screen and so that you could customize its interface? Eesh.

Have you checked out the HP Slate? It's HP's answer to the iPad, and runs Windows 7 directly. No jailbreaking there, and if anything, emulator support is superb. It's as open as your PC.

TeamOverload

But it's not out yet, so we have no idea how well it'll actually end up fairing. The battery life is sub-par, and I doubt it will be as fast and responsive as the iPad when attempting to run Win7 on that Atom processor and 1GB of ram. Some of the other features of it do sound enticing though.