• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

_Syn

I think you should go for it spike. There's no harm in making your own application for the iTouch and the iPhone. Just make sure you use the accelerometer :)

Moose

Meta Moose
Hey guys, I'm in the process of deciding if it's worth it to just go ahead and become a full standard developer for the iPhone... I don't know if any of you remember my old homebrew game?

I'm thinking that I could possibly port it to iPhone/Touch. But if I did, then I would probably release for free, or at least a dollar depending on what kind of response I get after releasing a Lite version.

Do you guys think it's worth it to try porting? I guess it must have been good at one point, because I remember that when the article for it was written on QJ, there were 300+ downloads in one night... :eek:

I'll buy it as long as it is under

Vee

Yeah. BTW guys, if you lot want to know how any games are, tell me. I can try them all out for free. So your not going out getting crap games.

Colm

Hackulo.us are doing a good deal. You donate to them, they give you appstore credit (each $1 gets you $5 appstore credit). Stops you from wasting money.
However, I can't find that post. Saw it the other day, I'll try to find it.

Vee

Apparently, only one person from the iPhone dev-team has a iPod touch 2G. He says that unless more people get it in their group, they wont be working on anything.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Sounds good guys.

I've been doing some research on porting it and what the best libraries are that I should use, still in the decision-making phase, but one that I found on Google Code is osengine - Google Code

It would almost be a heck of a lot easier if I had an iPhone version of OSlib (Old School Library) since that is what I used originally, but don't think the devs have made one...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Do we have any iPhone devs here? If you want do get into it spike, let me know. I'd like to hire you for something relatively simple once you get your hands on the SDK.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Do we have any iPhone devs here? If you want do get into it spike, let me know. I'd like to hire you for something relatively simple once you get your hands on the SDK.

I have the SDK itself, and have been playing with it a bit. And as I posted above, I should be obtaining official Apple Dev status within a couple of weeks... So sure, if you would like, tell me about it and I'll check it out.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
I wrote some very simple hello world with basic things in it using the Iphone sdk on my stepdads mac.

As for the 2G touch jailbreak. I do believe it will come. The dev team are no short of amazing. I have been following their comments and in some they have put stuff like "We will not be releasing or talking about anything we have (or not have) been working on for the 2G touch because of something to do with the new Iphone."

As for buying app store items...

yeah. Pirating app store stuff , I feel bad about. I'll just leave it at that.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I wrote some very simple hello world with basic things in it using the Iphone sdk on my stepdads mac.

As for the 2G touch jailbreak. I do believe it will come. The dev team are no short of amazing. I have been following their comments and in some they have put stuff like "We will not be releasing or talking about anything we have (or not have) been working on for the 2G touch because of something to do with the new Iphone."

As for buying app store items...

yeah. Pirating app store stuff , I feel bad about. I'll just leave it at that.

You wouldn't feel bad about it if you spent 50 bucks on games and apps like me.

Chronic's working on the jailbreak right now, dev team says they really don't care about it basically;.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Can itunes cards purchased in stores be used towards the app store yet?

Also, I heard about the chronic dev team. But I searched around for their site and all I got were a couple broken links and a blank wiki with a "kthnx" there and that was it.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Can itunes cards purchased in stores be used towards the app store yet?

Also, I heard about the chronic dev team. But I searched around for their site and all I got were a couple broken links and a blank wiki with a "kthnx" there and that was it.

It is pretty shaddy to say the least. Who knows...?