• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Irrational Boss: BioShock Vita Not A Current Focus

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
levine-bioshock-vita.jpg

It's been almost a year since the initial announcement at Sony's E3 presser, and the PS Vita take on BioShock remains an unknown. Fortunately, Irrational Games boss Ken Levine has broke the silence, stating in a Wired interview that the company is "not as focused" as it will be on the Vita title.

This is largely due to ongoing development on BioShock Infinite taking precedence, according to Levine[...]

Continue reading: Irrational Boss: BioShock Vita Not A Current Focus...

hush404

I'm fine with that. As much as I'd like to play a bioshock title on my vita, I'd much rather they pour everything into Infinite before looking at the vita.

luiscesjr

It would be " Irrational " to stop developing this, so well, give the other game the
main focus, but at least don't give up the Vita version...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It would be " Irrational " to stop developing this, so well, give the other game the
main focus, but at least don't give up the Vita version...

Ha! Good one there, I chuckled a bit. I'm a tad bit disappointed that they are not putting more effort into the Vita. However it does make logical sense: Vita is still an uncertain platform for games and Bioshock Infinite will certainly sell well, not sure if the same can be said for a Vita Bioshock at this point.

luiscesjr

I got you, but, imagine if all the devs do the same because the Vita is young?
Assassin's creed, COD, PES, Killzone, a possible GTA, etc, etc... all of them give up
then Vita is really dead! =)

Robby

Los Doyers!
My Vita has seen less and less play time due to no new games coming out for it. I mean, if they keep pushing out titles more often it would be played more, but having to wait til next month, almost 2 and a half month after release for more decent titles is whats killing my desire to play it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My Vita has seen less and less play time due to no new games coming out for it. I mean, if they keep pushing out titles more often it would be played more, but having to wait til next month, almost 2 and a half month after release for more decent titles is whats killing my desire to play it.

Same here I haven't touched my Vita for a month now. Waiting for Resistance, Gravity Rush and LittleBigPlanet but those are all still a month out. Sony could've spread out the lineup better.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Ha same here....haven't touched mine in a month either. Once I beat Uncharted and unlocked the super cars in Motorstorm RC I haven't touched it (those super cars are way too fast for my liking). I'm just more pissed that they announced the game last year. I realize they wanted to strengthen the Vita lineup with the announcement but it was very premature if this is still the case (back then they just knew they were going to develop it and it seems like that is still the idea)

luiscesjr

Still, if our wait will mean excelent polished games, it's worth it!
Anyway, just read on Eurogamer that COD is still on development, and it will come out, I am really excited to play this on my hands wherever I go!