• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Israel-Palestine War; what do you think?

chrono6456

I think neither side is right, its much to complicated to put blame one any single side, but I do think this conflict is way too one sided against Palestine.

Palestine does indeed probably launch hundreds of rockets a day into Israel, but barley any of them make it anywhere strategic, let alone kill people, since they are unguided. After a few months of so many missile attacks, only like a handful of Israelis die, it's usually shown on this scrolling tickers on CNN and whatnot. Israel then responds by killing hundred upon hundreds of Palestinians, using tanks, jets, advanced missles, etc... Palestine probably doesn't even have a single jet or tank to fight back with, Israel is filthy rich and can buy all these things from us, the USA. This leads the Palestinians to resort to whatever they can to kill Israelis, and that's why there are suicide bombings. Palestine cant kill Israelis any way efficiently unless they blow themselves up.

It's just extremely one sided for Israel. Conflicts among that region have been going on for centuries, I doubt it will stop any time soon, but at least even the battlefield.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
It's just extremely one sided against Israel. Conflicts among that region have been going on for centuries, I doubt it will stop any time soon, but at least even the battlefield.

I think you meant "It's just extremely one sided for Israel." right?

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I think neither side is right, its much to complicated to put blame one any single side, but I do think this conflict is way too one sided against Palestine.

Palestine does indeed probably launch hundreds of rockets a day into Israel, but barley any of them make it anywhere strategic, let alone kill people, since they are unguided. After a few months of so many missile attacks, only like a handful of Israelis die, it's usually shown on this scrolling tickers on CNN and whatnot. Israel then responds by killing hundred upon hundreds of Palestinians, using tanks, jets, advanced missles, etc... Palestine probably doesn't even have a single jet or tank to fight back with, Israel is filthy rich and can buy all these things from us, the USA. This leads the Palestinians to resort to whatever they can to kill Israelis, and that's why there are suicide bombings. Palestine cant kill Israelis any way efficiently unless they blow themselves up.

It's just extremely one sided for Israel. Conflicts among that region have been going on for centuries, I doubt it will stop any time soon, but at least even the battlefield.

Please read what is in the spoiler below, it has blank sections that are personal but everything else is legit. It's from a friend of my family who is a citizen living in Israel with family.

This morning a little while after I arrived at the office a Grad rocket from Gaza hit Gedera! Thankfully when *** and the kids heard the siren they rushed to the Residential Secure Space (bomb shelter) room. Then they heard a very loud boom. It hit the house of our neighbor that is only three houses away from us. A three month old baby in the house was injured and was rushed to nearby hospital. As you can imagine it was very close to us this time. Within minutes our street was filled with security and police forces. The head of the council (Gedera is not big enough to be considered city, so it is run by a local council) was in the area as well and spoke with *** to make sure that all is well with us. As of now we still have no electricity at home as the rocket damaged the electricity poll as well.

Since the beginning of the war some 520 missiles were launched on Israel, and in the last seven years thousands of them landed in Israel. Thankfully, most of them fall in open fields. However, they have terrorized many cities that live under constant fear of the rockets. Life had become a nightmare in some of the southern cities, like Sederot. The citizens never know when they will hear the siren, which means that they have 15 seconds to run to a secure area

chrono6456

Please read what is in the spoiler below, it has blank sections that are personal but everything else is legit. It's from a friend of my family who is a citizen living in Israel with family.

You see, this is directly from the front lines... this is what civilians go through. If you can possibly believe otherwise, then you really need to rethink if your intelligence is at all right. It is not only Palestine that is feeling the effects of this. They are best at what they do... hide, and that is it.

I give up, I cant argue with this, its ridiculous. You stated you were biased in your first post and its shown.

"If you can possibly believe otherwise, then you really need to rethink if your intelligence is at all right." That right there....just....I can't express how I feel.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I give up, I cant argue with this, its ridiculous. You stated you were biased in your first post and its shown.

"If you can possibly believe otherwise, then you really need to rethink if your intelligence is at all right." That right there....just....I can't express how I feel.

No, how is this:

A new war just began a few hours ago in Gaza.

I'm Jewish, so it sort gives me biased views about the situation. What I don't understand though, is how the media gives Israel the bad rep about killing the Hamas when Israel has suffered losses too. Do some people just not get it? Do they just hate Israel for some reason that cannot be explained?

It began when Palestine shot missiles into Israel, Palestine attacked first. All that Israel wants to do is defend itself, and now, many European countries are supporting Hamas' decisions.

What do you guys think about what is happening as I type?

...biased?

All that I stated was that I was Jewish, and that, yeah, I had some biased views, but all else that I stated was that I was curious about why certain things were the way that they were.

I agree, the green part does give a bit of a biased view as well. But I was answering what I thought about my own questions.

Additional Comment:
I read it and it seems overwhelmingly biased. The simple fact it that Hamas broke a mutual truce to launch missiles and rockets at civilian targets in Israel, who now has every right to fight back.

This is something that further supports what I just stated.

Ciaran

Alot of big facts skipped over that article and doesn't seem to mention a single bad thing about Hamas.

chrono6456 said:
Palestine does indeed probably launch hundreds of rockets a day into Israel, but barley any of them make it anywhere strategic, let alone kill people, since they are unguided. After a few months of so many missile attacks, only like a handful of Israelis die, it's usually shown on this scrolling tickers on CNN and whatnot.
Most of the rockets land in populated areas but Israeli's have littered their cities with bomb shelters. This is why the death toll is so small, thes rockets aren't some home made effort you could brush off.

Ciaran

I read it and it seems overwhelmingly biased. The simple fact it that Hamas broke a mutual truce to launch missiles and rockets at civilian targets in Israel, who now has every right to fight back.
Not really.

Another organization, independent of Hamas fired the first rockets into Israel. More rockets were fired into Israel for the next few months with no one taking responsibility. Then Israel fired on a tunnel being dug into Israeli territory and thats when the cease fire broke down and Hamas continued firing rockets.

Vee

I cant argue with 20 odd people over a forum, its way too tiring. But it is in no way Hamas or any Palestinians fault. There are so many accounts of Israel doing wrong here, that is just insane. Stuff like staying proportional. Where the fuck did that go? 4 Israeli people dead, 550 Palestinians. What kind of proportion is that?

The sole reason for me backing up the Palestinian side of this, is because i think that the effects of this war are being felt alot more there. More people are dieing, more things are fucked up. It doesn't help that almost everything around us is ran by Jews, so everything is smothered. If you think BBC's little coverage of it was adventurous, you should watch Al Jazeera's. Thats whats actually happening.

As for the incident that happened this week. Israel knew that it was a UN building and knew it was a school. <removed inappropriate comment>. No kind of tit-for-tat argument can convince me that thats a logical approach.

eldiablov

Contributor
I cant argue with 20 odd people over a forum, its way too tiring. But it is in no way Hamas or any Palestinians fault. There are so many accounts of Israel doing wrong here, that is just insane. Stuff like staying proportional. Where the fuck did that go? 4 Israeli people dead, 550 Palestinians. What kind of proportion is that?

<removed inappropriate comment> If rockets were constantly being shot into your territory without you responding as nobody was taking responsibility and then find a tunnel being dug by your enemy what the fuck do you expect? Israel has quite obviously lost it.

The sole reason for me backing up the Palestinian side of this, is because i'm

an Iranian muslim

As for the incident that happened this week. Israel knew that it was a UN building and knew it was a school. You must have 2 shits for brains, to think it is smart/sensible to blow the shit out of those buildings. No kind of tit-for-tat argument can convince me that thats a logical approach.

Shooting in a school is obviously something only a blood thirsty animal would condone. It is definitely NOT right what Israel did. But as far as I know and can see, they have been driven to this.

Ciaran

Since when is war proportional? Hamas must of known constantly striking at Israeli cities would get a response like this.

As for the incident that happened this week. Israel knew that it was a UN building and knew it was a school.
The Israeli's claim they returned fire after receiving mortar fire from the area. Maybe Hamas should also be a little more thoughtful where they setup. I'm not meaning to defend the killing of innocent civilians, but they didn't fire on the school for the fun of it.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Strike at Gaza school 'kills 40'
It later reported that two well-known members of a Hamas rocket-launching cell had been among those killed at the school, naming them as Imad and Hassan Abu Askar.
Two unnamed residents who spoke to an Associated Press reporter by phone said a group of militants had been firing mortar shells from near the school.

Slasher

Suck It
Vee, you've completely and seemingly intentionally looked past all of the posts we've written up for you explaining everything from why so many civilians are being killed all the way up to the sole motive behind the Israelis goals in this conflict. Your extreme bias has obviously contributed to this exclusion of rational thought. Your taking random incidents and pulling them out of context, for example, the "proportional" casualties in this conflict which have been already previously explained by us as not entirely Israel's fault due to Hamas admittedly USING THEM AS SHIELDS. Another example being "The Israelis just blew up a school", whereas Hamas officials were actually hiding out in there with confirmed deaths of them.
Seriously, try your best to take a step back and look at this all with an open mind. And please, while doing this, exclude islamonline.net (I know you didn't post that, but I'm sure you're influenced by it) or whatever from influencing you as that is quite obviously biased. Look at several different news sources for variety and come to your own self-interpreted conclusion

Vee said:
But it is in no way Hamas or any Palestinians fault.
In a nut shell: Hamas firing missiles into Israel for a very long time; Israel gets pissed off but refrains from retaliating; missiles continue to be fired into Israel; A strategically & aggressive placed tunnel is discovered; Israel retaliates

Based on that alone, I understand Israel's objective of stopping these missiles and blocking further weaponry build-up by Hamas. They have no objective of wanting to take over the Gaza strip... They just want protection of their own damn country which is completely understandable.

If a little kid picks on you at school, you might not do anything about it at first. But then say he gets all his little buddies to pick on you too. If they continue harassing you and bullying you... Eventually, you won't be able to take it anymore and will retaliate out of your own pride, self-respect, and dignity.

Slasher

Suck It
Israel Resumes Attack After Pause for Aid Delivery - NYTimes.com

"The Israeli government said it welcomed the efforts of France and Egypt to work out a durable cease-fire. It said it would end its assault if Hamas stopped firing rockets into Israel and ended the smuggling of weapons from Egypt. It said that if a durable cease-fire took hold, it would reopen border crossings into Gaza for goods and people."

Sounds reasonable to me

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
Israel Resumes Attack After Pause for Aid Delivery - NYTimes.com

"The Israeli government said it welcomed the efforts of France and Egypt to work out a durable cease-fire. It said it would end its assault if Hamas stopped firing rockets into Israel and ended the smuggling of weapons from Egypt. It said that if a durable cease-fire took hold, it would reopen border crossings into Gaza for goods and people."

Sounds reasonable to me

Israel usually is, just dont shoot rockets at them