• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 JaiCraB's USB Firmware Loader Released for PS3

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Progress is being made at an amazing pace in the PS3 scene! Developer JaiCraB has released a USB firmware loader application that can load an ENTIRE firmware direct from USB. Reminds us of the good 'ol DevHook days back on PSP.

As a result, this allows users to modify firmware resource files such as RCOs without any risk of bricking the unit[...]

Continue reading: JaiCraB's USB Firmware Loader Released for PS3...

january39

eXo Staff

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Shoot I autoupdated to 3.42 overnight and this is what I get. A punch in the face :( . I just hope another exploit or way to downgrade is discovered by studying the ps3 files.

Colm

Wow, DevHook is back. I wonder if Sony can tell the difference between emulated and actual 3.42?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
There's no way to run 3.42 through it yet, as the firmware has not been dumped.

january39

eXo Staff
Yeah anyone got any insight on this? I'd kill for some online action right about now

I'd be happy to hack my ps3 at all

Riorio99

Well, this is an advancement I wasn't expecting this soon, but I'm not gonna complain. Just have to ask how long before we start getting something like a Custom Firmware.